What's new

Remote Desktop App

JNottle

Reaction score
Okay, I've been looking all over the net/app store for a couple of hours now, and am conflicted.

I'm looking for something that will let me connect from my iPhone 4 - from both wifi and eg - to my windows 7 desktop/laptop when away as it would really be handy for my job. Price isn't an issue so I wouldn't mind paying for a paid app. The issue I'm having is some don't let you do much, have adds, etc...

I would prefer one that you could turn the pc/laptop on through it, but I doubt that's been made yet...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Teamviewer is free and works perfectly as a remote desktop. The is a paid version of your are using it for business use.

You can turn on your laptop if it supports 'magic packets'. I use an app called netwake. Your laptop must have a wired connection to your wifi router and your phone must be connected to the same router via wifi. However if your more technically minded you can get it to work over 3G...

I tried that, but the fact I had to turn it on at my house before going on and the pop ups got annoying :) - I was hoping for a kinda better one tbh.

I tried that, but the fact I had to turn it on at my house before going on and the pop ups got annoying :) - I was hoping for a kinda better one tbh.

You mean one that can remotely on the computer?

Yeah, basically if the pc is on, I can access it from work without hassle, as TeamViewer I left the software off by accident and couldn't get on and it buggered me up... :(

Edit:

I looked through most of them I think- two stood out, iTeleporter and LogMeIn, the latter seemed the most popular though...

Last edited:
I don't see how any of those apps can turn your computer on via 3G.

As I said you can get a free app called netwake that works perfectly over wifi. I have seen guides on how to get it to work over 3G but never properly looked into it...

Last edited: