What's new

Still looking for a desktop clock!

roj

Reaction score
You know how the Calendar app icon changes the date, every day no less! It's like magic!

Okay, so is there a clock app whose icon sits on the desktop with all the other icons, and keeps time?

In other words, an app that you don't have to open in order to view the current time. Like the calendar does with the date.

p.s.

One of the first Apple computers (with the tiny screen) had a clock program with white numbers on a black background morphing from one to the next. That would be very cool for a desktop clock.

Oh, and I'm not interested in jailbreaking the phone.

Last edited:
*Note to all iPhone app-maker type people...(what DO you call them?).

I think this idea would sell.

roj said:
*Note to all iPhone app-maker type people...(what DO you call them?).

I think this idea would sell.

Apple does not allow continuously running apps

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon on a stock phone. However, may I ask what's wrong with the time showing in the status bar! It's always there, also...

Marilyn

You know how the Calendar app icon changes the date, every day no less! It's like magic!

Okay, so is there a clock app whose icon sits on the desktop with all the other icons, and keeps time?

In other words, an app that you don't have to open in order to view the current time. Like the calendar does with the date.

p.s.

One of the first Apple computers (with the tiny screen) had a clock program with white numbers on a black background morphing from one to the next. That would be very cool for a desktop clock.

Oh, and I'm not interested in jailbreaking the phone.

I know you do not want to jailbreak but that is why people do it, so they can have custom user interfaces that simply apple does not do...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, ya'll. I didn't realize that Apple doesn't allow such a thing.

My problem with the time at the top of the phone is that it's so small...can't see it without glasses.

On the other hand, the lock screen has a beautiful clock, but it has limited availability.

Okay. I'm throwin' in the towel on this one.

I use Aqua Clock 2 when my iphone is docked on my desk. Nice aquarium background with a digital clock that also displays the date.