What's new

regular members vs staff

redherring

Reaction score
hi

is there an ongoing issue here between members and staff (mods + admin)? Ive only been here a short while and have seen several threads locked, specially with a 'search function' pitch at the end. All due respect i know the forum has rules (like any other forum) but i hate the search function debate. Theres sooooo many threads in here that shouldnt be started if we wanna throw the 'use the search function' speech around yet only so many get targeted. I always thought that admittedly there can be a lazy aspect to people not bothering with the search function but ultimatly theres always new people to the scene with experiences and i know id rather read about a recent story that coincides with the thread rather than search for a 6 month old thread.
Another example (not why i started this thread but might as well stick it in) would be my thread that got locked because i asked peoples preference to black or white iphones. Cant remember word for word what the reply said but i never did find the thread that 'had already been started about it before' and lost interest in looking after a few minutes as i didnt think it was a hard or demanding question..... again, for all i know that thread couldve been 6 months old and with the release of a new model coming out theres gonna be new members here having the same thoughts about which colour. But as said, thats just an example.

Or am i reading into it too much?

I was the mod that closed the thread. We are not trying to be mean to any user but just take a look at the forums now...everyone is posting iOS 5 issues and it's best just to keep all those threads into one. It's also annoying to repeat post after post because users are not utilizing the search button...it's really not difficult. I understand the frustration and all of the mods and admin discussed this. I couldn't give you a link when I closed your thread because I keep getting parse errors. Hold on. I'll show you a thread that's less than 6 months old that covers the color

I'm still getting the parse error but check in the iPhone 5 sub forum for iPhone? Color its the 4th post down. Or you can search for it

1)
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-5-59/iphone-color-20270/

2)
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-general-discussion-12/black-vs-white-22887/#post117057

can you please describe the difference

Last edited:
Mods vs member war?

Sounds like the programs vs users enmity in TRON and TRON-Legacy. LOL :p

im glad someone other then myself has pointed this out. i also posted the exact same kind of thread here in off topic, but it was quickly deleted.

i agree with the original poster..... forums are made for posting. they are by design used to spur conversation amongst a community. now, i can understand if its the exact same post over and over and over. but if the poster searches on a different word and doesnt get the thread in the search results, you cant blame the poster, and shouldnt lock the thread. this is of course my opion. keep in mind that i also am a forum owner of a pretty busy automobile enthusiast site. i personally would never lock threads in this manner, or allow my mods to do so. its a huge turn off and makes people not want to come back here.

i also pointed out that there are a ton of iphone forums on the web, but we choose to frequent this site.

the worst part of this is, that there is a poster on here who thinks its his duty to police the forums, even though he has no credentials to do so. he is not a mod or admin but finds it necessary to tell everyone to use the search button...... ridiculous !

Same as what loco said. This appears to be a very popular forum, There are currently 5466 users online. Thats a lot!
All these people are here seeking advice from people willing to spend time helping others for free, a few repeat threads is to be expected from time to time. Its not compulsary to read every thread OR reply, id be more concerened about half hearted thread titles than people not using the search feature!

Glad you didn't say iCrank but if you think about it, it really gets tiring repeating the same thing all the time. For Christ sake it's not hard scrolling the forums in search of similar issues. But we as mods do understand that we were a little bit to harsh on closing threads and we have discussed this and came up with a solution.
I for one, I'm on this site constantly because I like helping or at least trying to help. If you really do need help we are here to help. Don't be afraid to PM us. On top of that we do have our lives, we have families as well, we are not autobot's, we are not decipticons. We are human just like you. Sorry if any of you feel different about each one of us but don't air it to the public. PM me if you need to. Heck, iMessage me ([email protected]) ha did you really think I would air that. 😄

crank the post was not directed to you, but more in general. i had actually made a post about the same thing and it was quickly deleted.

but seriously, the mods here are all very cool, nice and willing to help. all of your moderating efforts are appreciated. this forum has proven to be a wealth of information and a big time help.

Glad you didn't say iCrank but if you think about it, it really gets tiring repeating the same thing all the time. For Christ sake it's not hard scrolling the forums in search of similar issues. But we as mods do understand that we were a little bit to harsh on closing threads and we have discussed this and came up with a solution.
I for one, I'm on this site constantly because I like helping or at least trying to help. If you really do need help we are here to help. Don't be afraid to PM us. On top of that we do have our lives, we have families as well, we are not autobot's, we are not decipticons. We are human just like you. Sorry if any of you feel different about each one of us but don't air it to the public. PM me if you need to. Heck, iMessage me ([email protected]) ha did you really think I would air that. 😄

+1000!

If anybody feels my decisions were hasty or unfair please PM me. I'm a pretty nice guy! We can work out a solution to whatever the issue may be! :D.