What's new

Refund From Cydia - How Long Should It Take To Receive A Reply

jimt29

Reaction score
Following instructions from Super Moderator willerz2 (For future reference, you can request for a reimbursement of your purchase within 168 hours/7 days of your purchase by contacting Saurik at [email protected] with verification of your purchase, or, you can ATT him on his IRC channel and you can proceed from there.)

I emailed Saurik within minutes of receiving, the program, installing it and finding out it wouldn't work and removing it on my iPhone 5 with IOS 7.04.

As of today I haven't received a reply. How long is too long to wait? Is Saurik banking on people doing nothing because it is a small amount? If he needs more information shouldn't he send a form email explaining what is needed? I told him what I purchased and what I paid for it and when (same day).

Give it another day. If he doesn't reply, you'd have a better chance catching him at his IRC channel if he's busy

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

No more days. I have given up on that guy plus I have no clue what a IRC channel is. Plus if he is too busy he should delegate these trivial matters to one of his minions.

If you are in business, you should take care of business (your customers).

Definition of delegate:

verb
verb: delegate;
/ˈdeləˌgāt/
entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person, typically one who is less senior than oneself.
"he delegates routine tasks" synonyms: assign, entrust, pass on, hand on/over, turn over, devolve, depute, transfer

Last edited:
No more days. I have given up on that guy plus I have no clue what a IRC channel is. Plus if he is too busy he should delegate these trivial matters to one of his minions.

If you are in business, you should take care of business (your customers).

If he had to delegate all his time to manage every single transaction, then he wouldn't get anything done period. If you don't want to wait, then you may as well make the tweaks yourself rather than relying on others, as the result will be the same with each and every developer.

I purchased a program on 1/23/14, installed and removed it because it didn't work on my iPhone 5, and emailed Saurik immediately. Based on what I was told you have 6 days to apply for a refund. I still don't have the refund. Also no reply of any kind from Saurik.

Anybody ever get a refund? If so, how long does it take?

Thanks for your input.

@jimt29: I've merged your two threads together to prevent duplication. Please use this thread only for this topic. Thank you.

Marilyn

I have bought a few Cydia item in the past that didnt work for me , mainly because of conflicting tweaks and things that i already had.

I didnt even try to get a refund, i didnt mind losing a few $$ on an item because i have alot of things from cydia that was free !!

I also figured i might re-install them later if i decide to not use the tweak or item that wasnt playing nice with it at first.

My time is too valuable to get into a few days of hassle over a few $$,,,,,,,,,,,,thats just me though !

Good luck to you though, Im sure it will all work out for you !

Purchase and refund request was on 1/23/14. As of 2/10/14 no reply. No refund.

My original question still stands: How long should it take?

1/23/14 through 2/12/14: Still no reply from Saurik = No refund. My guess is there is a No Refund policy with this guy and he is sticking to it.

2/20/14 Still no response from Saurik.

3/14/14 Still nothing. Anybody ever get a refund?

Trying to treat this like any other business transaction. I sent just the one request.

Trying to treat this like any other business transaction. I sent just the one request.

Huh. I'd've thought you had sent multiple emails.

I'm sorry - but you are not going to get an answer. In the business world, if you don't see an answer to a request in a reasonable amount of time, you follow up.

No follow-up, especially in this case, means you won't get a resolution. I imagine your e-mail got "lost" in the thousands upon thousands of e-mail saurik has probably gotten in these past few months. No excuses - just facts.

If you're serious about wanting a refund - request again.

Marilyn