What's new

How Long should it take to update iCloud settings

Mark Mallorca

Reaction score
I yesterday got new iPhone X S, began the process and came to updating ICloud settings I started this some 16-18 hours ago and is still going I cannot do anything else with phone at the moment only receive phone calls as nothing else is done and cannot access anything else on phone. How long does this generally take (I am updating from a 6S) or can I stop the process to access phone and perhaps continue the updating in the evenings? Looking forward to some knowledgeable persons help as I a complete novice when it comes to these issues

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I assume you‘re restoring from an iCloud backup, because iCloud settings themselves don‘t need an extra update.

Usually, the apps and your settings are updated quite quickly. Depending on your Wi-Fi, this shouldn‘t last more than an hour.

The content of your apps will need some time until everything is the way you had it on your old iPhone. When I set up my iPhone XS Max last year, iCloud needed more than a day to restore their content. The process stopped when I left my house, because there was no Wi-Fi, and continued when I came back.

Hope that helps.

If your problem is something different, describe it as exactly as possible, please.