What's new

Problems Updating iPhone 4 to iOS 5.1

jmack

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to update the software on my iPhone 4, but I have no Software Update button in the Settings menu under General, and when I plug my iPhone into my Mac it says that my phone's itunes version is not 10.1. How am I to update my phone's software if I cannot access itunes via my computer? And how am I to update itunes on my phone if I cannot first update the software my phone? Is there anything I can do?

If anyone can provide me with some help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

It's telling you that the iTunes on your computer needs to be updated... not iTunes on your phone. :) Update your computer's iTunes and you'll be goo to go updating to 5.1.1.

jmack said:
Hi,

I want to update the software on my iPhone 4, but I have no Software Update button in the Settings menu under General, and when I plug my iPhone into my Mac it says that my phone's itunes version is not 10.1. How am I to update my phone's software if I cannot access itunes via my computer? And how am I to update itunes on my phone if I cannot first update the software my phone? Is there anything I can do?

Update your iTunes:)
Btw you can update your phone right from iPhone settings.Thats how I updated my iOS

jmack said:
Hi,

Oooh u can't update on the phone :( than yea you have to update iTunes.

Update your iTunes:)
Btw you can update your phone right from iPhone settings.Thats how I updated my iOS

And how do you do that, specifically? I have iOS 4.1 and can't find any way to upgrade the iOS except through iTunes. Speak....

Can it be, that IOS 4 didn't have that option in settings. Only with IOS 5 that option showed up for the first time.