What's new

iCloud nag screens

Gozoman

Reaction score
I have just upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6S and I keep getting the following two screens up.

Apple ID Verification

Enter the password for (my email address) in settings.

Photo Stream

Photos for the iCloud account (iCloud) cannot be accessed.

Review your account information in settings.

How can I get rid of these? I don't use iCloud, I have never used iCloud and I never will use iCloud and in settings I have iCloud turned off. I just want to stop these screens appearing every time I go to use the phone. It's getting to the point that I'm thinking of switching back to the 5!

Does this happen every time as soon as you turn your iPhone on? Did you go to Settings>iCloud>Photos and check to make sure that photo stream and iCloud Photo Library are turned off?

Does this happen every time as soon as you turn your iPhone on? Did you go to Settings>iCloud>Photos and check to make sure that photo stream and iCloud Photo Library are turned off?

If I go to iCoud in settings it asks me to sign in to iCloud. As I don't use iCloud I click cancel. Then everything is greyed out and I can't access anything on this page. I can verify that under storage iCloud drive is set to off and the next item down Photos is set to on, but as I say I can't turn it off.

If you signed into iCloud long enough to turn photos off, you'd be able to see if that makes a difference in whether or not you'll keep getting those annoying pop ups.

If you signed into iCloud long enough to turn photos off, you'd be able to see if that makes a difference in whether or not you'll keep getting those annoying pop ups.

Worth a try I suppose. I hate the way Apple think they can make changes to your phone without your concent. This happened a few months ago on the iPhone 5 which during a software upgrade it turned on roaming data or something which I had turned off. By the time I found out it has cost me over £60!

When you upgraded to the iPhone 6s, did you set it up from the backup of your iPhone 5? This should have resulted in the settings being transferred over as well. Something was changed during the switch, resulting in those annoying pop ups.

There's a lot that many users find annoying about iCloud but one of its best features is Find My iPhone, which enables you to track and find a lost or stolen iPhone as well as preventing a thief or anyone else from erasing your iPhone and using it for himself. You can display a contact message on the iPhone screen so that someone who finds it can get it back to you.

When you upgraded to the iPhone 6s, did you set it up from the backup of your iPhone 5? This should have resulted in the settings being transferred over as well. Something was changed during the switch, resulting in those annoying pop ups.

There's a lot that many users find annoying about iCloud but one of its best features is Find My iPhone, which enables you to track and find a lost or stolen iPhone as well as preventing a thief or anyone else from erasing your iPhone and using it for himself. You can display a contact message on the iPhone screen so that someone who finds it can get it back to you.

Yes I backed it up directly from the back up on iTunes on my computer. I don't like the idea of stuff off my phone floating around on the internet somewhere where it can be hacked, and anyone who says that can't happen are living on a cloud themselves! As for finding my phone if it was lost I have never lost a phone in my life because I'm careful. I still have every phone I ever owned right back to a Nokia brick!

I have never been run over by a car or bus, but there's a
first time for everything my friend. Then what?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

I have never been run over by a car or bus, but there's a
first time for everything my friend. Then what?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Me neither but I'd rather take that chance than bow down to the Apple God's invasion of my privacy.

Me neither but I'd rather take that chance than bow down to the Apple God's invasion of my privacy.

Let me be the one to break the news to you that Apple's invasions of your privacy is the last thing you should be worried about in today's digital age.

Let me be the one to break the news to you that Apple's invasions of your privacy is the last thing you should be worried about in today's digital age.

Not the last thing, just one more thing.

Not the last thing, just one more thing.

No, I mean it. If your concern with using iCloud is invasion of your privacy and you're ultimately concerned about your "privacy" ... a few contact phone numbers and ical events won't make a dent on how much of your private information is already online.

Just making sure you didn't actually believe Apple was the only evil you've ever considered. In terms of priorities, it's the bottom of the totem pole a.k.a "the last thing" you need to be concerned with.

As for finding my phone if it was lost I have never lost a phone in my life because I'm careful. I still have every phone I ever owned right back to a Nokia brick!

We have no doubt of that, friend. However, you can still be robbed/mugged; and iCloud Activation Lock will prevent the perp from wiping your phone and using/selling it and as others have mentioned, give you a chance to locate it for reporting to the authorities, and to wipe it remotely.