What's new

Recurring screen issue

D-Bomb

Reaction score
This is really hard to explain so bear with me.

It happened a couple of weeks ago and then again today; on the bottom right side of my phone, it sometimes gets uneven and there's light or something silver underneath the screen that shows. It comes and goes and the size of the spacing varies but when it happens, it bugs me no matter how minor or major it is.

Since its not always there and I may not be able to show them and I can't even properly describe it, is there a good chance of me getting it exchanged or them knowing what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Yes, if it is light from the display "leaking" out the side the Apple store shouldn't give you any grief getting it replaced.

This is really hard to explain so bear with me.

It happened a couple of weeks ago and then again today; on the bottom right side of my phone, it sometimes gets uneven and there's light or something silver underneath the screen that shows. It comes and goes and the size of the spacing varies but when it happens, it bugs me no matter how minor or major it is.

Since its not always there and I may not be able to show them and I can't even properly describe it, is there a good chance of me getting it exchanged or them knowing what I'm talking about.

I'd second DannyBoy's reply; take it back to the store for replacement.

I'm going there in 3 hours and I'll explain it as that. Thanks. There is this one guy who works there who's a complete douche and won't switch out anything unless it comes up in a diagnostic test. Hopefully he's not working today

They exchanged it with no problems

How do I know if it's refurbished or new?

EDIT: serial # starts with an 8 and not a 5

Last edited:
How do I know if it's refurbished or new?

EDIT: serial # starts with an 8 and not a 5

Most of apples phones are refurbs... Unless your under 30days from purchase. Really doesn't matter they treat them all like new if you have an issue they will just trade you another. So far I have traded 2 1-3G 1-3GS and never had an issue!