What's new

Large black hue on Iphone screen.

Hricco

Reaction score
Hello all,

SO.....i cracked my iphone screen. Nothing bad just a small crack on the bottom right corner. No matter....I continue on using the phone with out a hitch. I decided to get the crack repaired. I took it to a reputable repair place to have the screen replaced. Here is where it gets strange.

After replacing the screen the tech came out and said, "I think the screen I ordered for you is defective, there is a large black hue in the top left corner", he showed me , I agreed, he said he would order a new screen, BUT!!! when he put the old screen back on, the Hue was there as well, when it wasn't before ...We have since tried 3 more screens and the black hue shows up on every screen. Its NOT a minor color shift, or uneven back lighting, it shows up on EVERY new screen we tried, it is so dark in the top left that it obscures text and makes it hard to read.

If i flip the phone and rotate the screen, the black hue is stationary and does not rotate with the screen. The image below shows the dark spot, its much darker than the image reveals.
DFHQgVr.jpg

Curious what model is this and are you replacing just the
screen or the complete panel.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

HI there, its a 6s plus, and we have replaced the entire panel

Welcome to iPhone Forums, Hricco!

It's very likely something is loose inside. After reading your description, I don't think that the screen is the reason for your problem.
It would be necessary to take it to the next Apple Retail Store, to let them have a look at it.

If the repair shop, where you took it first, was not authorized by Apple to repair iPhone, you've voided the warranty of your device, in case the guaranty was still valid.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Well that was my next step, the repair shop is UbreakiFix, not sure if they are authorized by apple. But it's a large chain, I have had them repair my kids ipads for me without incident. Currently the original screen is back on the phone. the phone is less than year, so hopefully apple can help. My issue there is that they are going to say. "you cracked the screen and that's the issue" when I know the crack doesn't have anything to do with it. and I can't tell them I had a repair shop replace the screen three times so far. So.......not sure how to handle this.

While a cracked screen is not covered under the standard warranty, it is covered under AppleCare+.

If you take it to Apple and during their examination of the iPhone they detect that it's been opened and components replaced, they'll refuse to service the iPhone and will void the warranty. They won't even repair it as an out of warranty service. Your only recourse if that happens is to take it to a third party repair shop to see if they can diagnose and repair the problem.

From what I was able to discover, UbreakiFix is not an Apple Authorized Service Provider and having them service your device will definitely void your warranty.

Last edited:
Sounds like they break they fix

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.