What's new

Recording iPhone 4s screen

mseerob

Reaction score
Hello I have iphone 4s (not jailbroken and don't want to jailbreak it) and I would like to
record screen on iphone to my pc so I can post it on youtube. What apps are there that
can do that? I google it but the one's I found you need to jailbreak the phone.

Any ideas would be appreciated
thanks!

I believe the digital adapter will mirror the screen into a HDMI device. Depending on the device you might be able to record the video.

You can't do it on an Apple device without jailbreaking. Apple simply don't allow it. And there is no jailbreak for the iPhone4S, so the discussion is moot anyway :)

You can't do it on an Apple device without jailbreaking. Apple simply don't allow it. And there is no jailbreak for the iPhone4S, so the discussion is moot anyway :)

Apple supports Screen mirroring on the IP4S with the HDMI adaptor. So why will this not work?

Apple supports Screen mirroring on the IP4S with the HDMI adaptor. So why will this not work?

What I said was you cannot do it ON the device without jailbreaking (it's trivial if you ARE jailbroken - just install DisplayRecorder from Cydia).

Doing it OFF the device may well be possible (on the PC as the OP suggested), but I'm not aware of any PC's which have an HDMI "in" for recoding output off an iPad or any other device. Are you? I'm not an expert on this, but I'm pretty sure HDMI is encrypted. It's undoubtedly possible, but not likely to be something the OP can just "do" without investing in some kind of video hardware I wound't have thought...