What's new

Oo Tunes restoring my recordings.

OneMarcil

Reaction score
How can I restore my iPhone from a backup after receiving a message that the iPhone can not be restored because there us not enough space on the iPhone?

I somehow mistakenly deleted OO TUNES from my phone and I reinstalled the OO TUNES application I had like 600 recordings that are in the backup on the computer. I want those back on my iPhone. By doing this I would only lose 17 recordings. Much better than all being lost.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

First, if your music is backed up it's not lost. Are you saying you had 17 songs that were not backed up?

I have no idea what OO Tunes is but it seems to me that a simple restore of your device from your last back up on iTunes should do just that. Restore everything.

hookbill said:
First, if your music is backed up it's not lost. Are you saying you had 17 songs that were not backed up?

I have no idea what OO Tunes is but it seems to me that a simple restore of your device from your last back up on iTunes should do just that. Restore everything.

Yes restoring but what I receive is there s not enough room on the iPhone to restore. Oo Tunes is an application that lets one record and listen to radio shows.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

I guess you can try to accommodate the missing space by deleting a larger app, restore the backed up recordings, delete the unnecessary ones or put them into DropBox or some cloud service, delete them off of your device, then restore/re-install the item(s) that you deleted earlier to make room for the recordings back onto your device.

I guess you can try to accommodate the missing space by deleting a larger app, restore the backed up recordings, delete the unnecessary ones or put them into DropBox or some cloud service, delete them off of your device, then restore/re-install the item(s) that you deleted earlier to make room for the recordings back onto your device.

Yep. I try to keep music on my phone to a minimum. Why? Well, I can access it via Amazon Cloud so therefore it doesn't take up space on my phone.

Yep. I try to keep music on my phone to a minimum. Why? Well, I can access it via Amazon Cloud so therefore it doesn't take up space on my phone.

Plus if some things are important, it's always better to have them backed up on a physical hard disk or a flash drive, or thrown up into the cloud so you know where they are and possibly access them anywhere and anytime. I try to keep as little music as possible on my iPhone. I use my iPad for music and my iPhone for more interact things :p

I am thinking of copying all of my photographs off the phone then deleting the photos just to see of that will work. I have no idea how much free space that I need to restore from a backup.

Update: I copied my photographs to my computer using iTunes. iTunes would not copy my videos that I took with my iPhone.

Why not?

How can I copy the videos?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited:
Use iExplorer. With it, you can manually root out the media from your iPhone and put tem onto your computer, then you can delete them from your iPhone through your computer.

willerz2 said:
Use iExplorer. With it, you can manually root out the media from your iPhone and put tem onto your computer, then you can delete them from your iPhone through your computer.

I am installing I explorer now. I will let you know if this worked for me. I am using the free trial version. I hope this let's me do what I want and not set a limit.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

I am installing I explorer now. I will let you know if this worked for me. I am using the free trial version. I hope this let's me do what I want and not set a limit.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Hope it does too, usually they give you just enough so you can't complete what you want to do.

I have no idea what else to take off the phone to free up space. I do not want to delete my applications.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

I have no idea what else to take off the phone to free up space. I do not want to delete my applications.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Applications and music take up the most space. If you are out of room, you're out of room.

Your applications wouldn't be affected. You delete them but 9 out of 10 applications will have the data like saved data for games or whatever still saved onto your iPhone and is not deleted unless you manually do it or get a program to clean it out. Plus, if you delete it, all you have to do is download it back through the AppStore and it'll run just like before, and you'll still have your saved data.

My videos take up like 32 GBS of space. Why doesn't iTunes copy these to the computers disk?

I am referring to videos that I took with the iPhone camera that are stored in my photo section on the iPhone.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

UPDATE: Here is hat I discovered. On the camera photo copy thingie that launches when either a iPad, iPhone, or a iPod is connected there is a advanced user option. Within there one can transfer videos to the computer.

Also I read that QuickTime can be used. I have not used QuickTime yet.

Takes a long time to copy videos to the computer. The estimated time is now at 5 hours and 42 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm not that big an iTunes fan, so I can't really answer why that happens. From my experience, I've had a lot of photos and videos deleted because iTunes said it didn't match what I have in my library even though they were taken with the iPhone...

You should be able to retrieve them using iExplorer as well. Browse the photos and video media libraries, select them all or whichever amount, and drag them into a folder on your computer to keep it organized