What's new

recipient can't hear me

P123456789

Reaction score
I've had my iphone 4 for about 3 days and so far I've had four calls where the recipient can't hear me. So far it's been two different people on two differnt carriers, I updated the phone the day I got it and made sure I wasn't covering up all three mics at once which seems impossible. I really hope I don't have a defective phone I wish I had gone with my gut and got the droidx. Has anyone heard of this problem with a new phone and Is there a fix for it?

Do a soft reset is usually fixes most iPhone 4 issues.... Hold down the power button and home button at the same time until the apple logo appears then release both buttons (Disregard the power off slider that will show up) if you are still having issues inrecomend going to the apple store .... Your warranty should still be valid

This problem is getting frustrating now its turned into my voice sounding muffled. I think I should have went with the droidx.

This problem is getting frustrating now its turned into my voice sounding muffled. I think I should have went with the droidx.

Take it back to apple store, whayever it is, they will fix it for you or just replace it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also can't believe they never fixed the reception issue if you hold both sides of the phone at the same time.

I also can't believe they never fixed the reception issue if you hold both sides of the phone at the same time.

I don't beleive it. Where did you buy your phone from? If it's a new purchased phone like you mentioned in your very first post, and if you purchase it from apple store or from a carrier, there is no way you could be experiencing what you mentioning here. So fo you mind saying where you bought the phone from?

purchased last sunday from verizon store. yes I am having reception issues if i'm in a low signal area with lets say 3 or so bars and I grip the phone with my left hand it will go down to one bar and sound choppy.

purchased last sunday from verizon store. yes I am having reception issues if i'm in a low signal area with lets say 3 or so bars and I grip the phone with my left hand it will go down to one bar and sound choppy.

Then you are having a defective phone. I can just advice you to return it for another one, because eveb with 2bars in the grip you should be able to perform voice calls without much troubles.

I think this is a design issue apple never fixed, I asked the lady at the verizon store and she said oh yeah they fixed that. If I get a defective product the first time I usually learn my lesson and switch to a different product I also don't like not being able to use flash. I like my ipod but the iphone seems to be a better ipod than a phone.

I think this is a design issue apple never fixed, I asked the lady at the verizon store and she said oh yeah they fixed that. If I get a defective product the first time I usually learn my lesson and switch to a different product I also don't like not being able to use flash. I like my ipod but the iphone seems to be a better ipod than a phone.

What do u think a phone should do except making receiving phone call? iphone can make and receive calls, if your device is defective, it doesn't mean that all iphones are defective unless you are going to tell me that there is no defective droid or black berry etc... So ease your worries, go to apple store and they will either fix it or change for you.