What's new

Caller can't hear me, and i can't hear him.

lofej

Reaction score
Hy there!

I have this iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1.
Signal comes in fine, my problem is that i cant hear him and he cant hear me, when the call is accepted, no noise no nothing!!!
But i can talk to him trough skype, so its works the mic and the speaker.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

*I was searching for help in other threads but found nothing, sorry for the new thread, but i never sawd anyone having the same problem.*

Last edited:
Do a hard reset, if no joy, go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings/ if still no joy, then do the factory reset.

I actually not sure about the these, I updated from 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and still not working, or the iOS update process excludes the possibilty of the resets
or I should try it anyway?

I actually not sure about the these, I updated from 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and still not working, or the iOS update process excludes the possibilty of the resets
or I should try it anyway?

Try resetting the settings. If it will not work after that, factory restore the iOS once again and if still not working then take it to Apple store.

Well it didnt worked. Problem is Im in Romania and the phone was bought from the USA, so Im not sure how to do that.
Hoped that I can resolve it too.

Well it didnt worked. Problem is Im in Romania and the phone was bought from the USA, so Im not sure how to do that.
Hoped that I can resolve it too.

Have you tried it on loud speaker? I know you've tried it on Skype and it worked but try it in a phone call on loud speaker and let us know.

iHolophyte

Nope, I tried it, nor with headphones.

Nope, I tried it, nor with headphones.

So it doesn't work on loud speaker and it doesn't work with headphones? But yet it works on Skype through loud speaker? Does the iPhone have 2 speakers anyone? To me it sounds like its an issue with the speaker in the phone not connected and the only way around this would be to take it to an apple store, unfortunately for you this doesn't seem possible. I have no other options to offer. But stay tuned someone may know the internal components and tell you if there is indeed 2 speakers.

iHolophyte

Yes, on Skype is fully functional, thats what I dont understand too..:(

I may be wrong in my thinking here, but this seems to be an issue with cellular, but Skype uses data, no? So, you shouldn't use Skype as a comparison. Could this be a SIM or carrier issue?

I may be wrong in my thinking here, but this seems to be an issue with cellular, but Skype uses data, no? So, you shouldn't use Skype as a comparison. Could this be a SIM or carrier issue?

Of course, I know this, I just wanted to say that its not a speaker/mic hardware problem. The network provider is Orange, the SIM card is newest(I bought one just for sure that its not the old one that i have, is the problem).

Carrier issue, well yes, its possible I just dont know what to do with the information.

Last edited:
So what did Orange say about the problem?

I don't think Orange has anything to do with it.

Does it count that its unlocked with gevey sim? I can send SMS. I have full signal. I bet when the service guy would found out that I use Gevey he would say: *thats the problem* but its clearly not, because if I put the SIM in without the gevey it doesnt even do anything, no singal no nothing. And if I want to unlock the 4.10.01 baseband thats my only option the gevey sim.

This is show that something with the carrier, just dont know what or can be repaired at all. Or the phone become an iPod touch actually...

1# Edit:
As i thought, the guy said the gevey is the problem, than he put another one into it and guess, it didnt worked also.
So he sent me to a service shop, in this small town thats best, tomorrow i'll go after it, see if they could do anything with it.

2# Edit:
Okay, I think we can close this thread, the phone is not repairable at the moment, the guy said audio 'something' on the logic board is torn or interrupted and cant replace or even buy that piece of part, I didnt understand it well, however I shared this if someone will have the same problem, just to know not much hope at this time.

Last edited: