What's new

iphone 4s - speaker phone is the only way some1 can hear me when i am on a call.

He's right could work with a headset.
It's probably a mistake which is creating Chaos with Apple.
As they did not have time to think about the sound coming from the speakers.
It's probably weak, or a sound driver hasn't been installed on the phone, also the sound driver could have failed.
So Apple didn't have time to fix it, so they just shipped it.

He's right could work with a headset.
It's probably a mistake which is creating Chaos with Apple.
As they did not have time to think about the sound coming from the speakers.
It's probably weak, or a sound driver hasn't been installed on the phone, also the sound driver could have failed.
So Apple didn't have time to fix it, so they just shipped it.

Apple doesn't ship something that is known to be broken. And they didn't fail to install a "software driver". At worse this is a batch issue where a part is failing in a way that testing did not find. I can say this because my iPhone 4S works perfectly.

Apple doesn't ship something that is known to be broken. And they didn't fail to install a "software driver". At worse this is a batch issue where a part is failing in a way that testing did not find. I can say this because my iPhone 4S works perfectly.
I know that they wouldn't do both.
Talking about testing,
But maybe some parts weren't tested when the ''Driver'' software was installed.
But it baffles and puzzles me how it doesn't work?

I know that they wouldn't do both.
Talking about testing,
But maybe some parts weren't tested when the ''Driver'' software was installed.
But it baffles and puzzles me how it doesn't work?

Manufactures test things in batches because it is impossible to test every component 100%. So if they took stock of 1 million chips, probably around 10% were sampled for failures. Even though they do random sampling, there could have been a group of say 10,000 chips that had a slight flaw and that flaw didn't show up till it was paired with all of its supporting components.

I have the same problem. I will call and i wont hear ringing before they answer and if that happens i know i wont hear them on the other end. Another time i called and i could hear them but they could not hear me.

What do i do... Call apple or att? is this a software issue or a hardware issue?

Hardware. And take it back to whoever has stock in hand to replace it. And be sure you can reproduce the error.

Hardware. And take it back to whoever has stock in hand to replace it. And be sure you can reproduce the error.

reading around the web it seems to be common, everything works fine with a speaker phone press... so its probably software since i can kick it out of that mood.

reading around the web it seems to be common, everything works fine with a speaker phone press... so its probably software since i can kick it out of that mood.

If it was a software error, everyone would have it. How the hardware reports/works under the software however can vary from phone to phone.

Apple can't figure it out either so they are replacing it since it is brand new - they arent sure if its software or hardware related - just give apple a call if its a new 4s and they will replace it - or go to a local apple store :D

Yesterday everyone could hear me, today I'm back to not being heard. It will work if u hit the speaker and them turn it off but Im Told my voice is very low and hard to hear. Does work great with the head phones.

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes it works other time not. But speakerphone always works. Guess I'll just wait till they have them in stock and swap it out