What's new

Rebuilding iphone 5s. Is there a stronger cellular antenna i can buy?

siker

Reaction score
So long story short, i broke my iphone screen, And my frames kinda bent... so i ordered new parts, and going to fix it.. while watching how to move the guts to the new frame, it was showing the antennas etc. So my question is, while i could buy a replacement antenna, is it possible to buy one that is stronger, to improve my coverage? If so where can i get it?

So long story short, i broke my iphone screen, And my frames kinda bent... so i ordered new parts, and going to fix it.. while watching how to move the guts to the new frame, it was showing the antennas etc. So my question is, while i could buy a replacement antenna, is it possible to buy one that is stronger, to improve my coverage? If so where can i get it?
I'm afraid not. The iPhone 5S is designed to work only with the parts that were designed for it. They do not use off the shelf components. There is no way to increase the power and range of the cellular antennas.

Thats a bummer.. I figured there would be some after market parts for it... :( Well okay.. If there is one someone let me know!!!!! :D would love to amp up my phone.. Could you imagine having a phone built as if it were some gamers computer.. all suped up... (spelling? lol)

There was somethign internal, that wasnt the frame that i thought was the antenna? not the Wifi one tho...

Is this what you're thinking of? If so, it's the WiFi antenna.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. there was another one... I know theres a wifi one.. thought there was another one. the cellular one..

so this is the antenna? cause this is what im replacing.....

Attachments

• f3cf.jpg
    f3cf.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 718
If your cellular coverage needs a boost at home or in your car, then you might be able to get a repeater. But those are not cheap, I don't think.
Another option is to call your service provider and ask for better coverage.
It"s not always the iPhone that is broken and needs repair. There is a thing called RF system engineering. But sometimes priorities are set wrongly and network can get neglect. I'm just saying.

Hi Guys
Talking about antenna and signal strength ...
I have tried so many types of cases and bumpers and I feel all of them reduce the signal strength.... Do you guys feel the same?

Plastic or metal case/bumpers... It is very frustrating to pick up ur mobile off the pocket and see "no service" where you would have 1 or 2 bars while not using them and still in the pocket

Is there anything we could do to increase the signal strength and still use case/bumpers?

Hi Guys
Talking about antenna and signal strength ...
I have tried so many types of cases and bumpers and I feel all of them reduce the signal strength.... Do you guys feel the same?

Plastic or metal case/bumpers... It is very frustrating to pick up ur mobile off the pocket and see "no service" where you would have 1 or 2 bars while not using them and still in the pocket

Is there anything we could do to increase the signal strength and still use case/bumpers?
There's nothing you can do to increase the power of the cellular radio in your iPhone. You'll just have to check out the reviews for any case before you buy it to see if it's known to have an effect on reception.