What's new

Rebooted and met with iTunes logo

iGaz

Reaction score
I rebooted my phone this morning and was met with the connect to iTunes logo!:eek:

I've not backed up my phone for a couple of days and have took a good few photos and videos of things I would really like to keep! Is there any way to get them off the phone before I recover? I've had an iPhone since the 3G and never had this problem!

There other stuff I would like to get off my phone like game saves buy the photos and videos are the main thing.

I'm jailbroken on 4.1 with greenpoison, fortunately I have my blobs saved...

Sounds like some kind of jailbreak glitch. Becides trying to use ssh to retrieve files...I don't know of any way to bump it off the iTunes connect screen.

Im not bothered about having to update I can always roll back as I have my blobs saved. Never had to do that yet so it could be fun. Lol

Will my wifi still be connected for ssh to work...?

Give this a try: How to enter/exit DFU/Recovery modes on youtube.com
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkf8O8wOoU"

Tried using the video method to get out of recovery, ook me straight back
Tried tiny umbrella and recboot to try kick it out of recovery mode, didn't work.
Tried open ssh to get my files, didn't work.
Tried various file viewers, didn't work.
Tried greenpoison again. Got it into DFU then tried to jailbreak again. Got stuck half way through.

Cant help but think I'm going to have to restore... :(

Stuff it I'm restoring. Getting bored of the apple and iTunes logos. Lol

Greenpoison hasn't worked the last 10 times I've tried it. It's "unable to mount user filesystem!" Doesn't sound good. Don't like the "!" either! Lol...

Got it to work! :D

Tried a restore through iTunes and that didn't work. Got an error 1013 or something, "iphone could not be restored". Tried it a couple times and got the same result. Was going round in circles!

Tried restoring to 4.1 using my SHSH on cydia's servers. Put the phone into DFU mode shift clicked restore to 4.1 and got a different error 1004. Use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode and got the slide to emergency screen! :D Shortly after that iTunes activated my phone and I'm restoring from my back up as I type.

Just thought I would post up my experience so someone else may benefit.

If it wasn't for jailbreaking and saving blobs I would never of been able to fix my phone and would of had to go through all the motions of getting a replacement. So if any jailbreaker is reading this SAVE YOUR BLOBS NOW! This just goes to show you how useful they really are...!