What's new

iPhone 4 bricked! I think..

Static

Reaction score
Sorry is this thread is in the wrong place but I'm new here and I REALLY need help. I have a Verizon iPhone 4 and it is/was jailbroken with GreenPoison.

Anyway, the phone has worked perfectly fine up until the other day when the home key stopped working. I tried powering it off and back on, playing with the home key, and resetting the settings. After nothing worked, I decided to reset everything back to factory through the settings and when it restarted it just sat there.. at the apple logo. Btw, iTunes does not detect it at all.

It just starts up with the regular apple logo, then goes to the custom boot logo I had installed. After about 10 minutes or so it just turns off. While it's showing the logo I can hold the home and power key for minutes and nothing happens.

The only thing I've noticed that may be helpful is that when turning it on with both buttons held it comes on for about 5-10 seconds and just turns back off. Also, when I've got it connected to the charger it will just keep rebooting over and over.

If anyone has any suggestions I would GREATLY appreciate it. I cannot afford another phone and do not want to settle for a cheap phone.

Thanks

Last edited:
The only thing I've noticed that may be helpful is that when turning it on with both buttons held it comes on for about 5-10 seconds and just turns back off. Also, when I've got it connected to the charger it will just keep rebooting over and over.
When you hold down both keys home botton and sleep/off key for about 5s the device will power on anf you will see the apple logo, if you keep both botton down and do not release them at all then the device will power off and about 10 to 15s power on again, showing the apple logo for about 15s and then it will display the itune logo and the wire. This means that you should hold down both key down UNTIL that itune logo and the usb wire shows up on your phone screen, it's after you see that itune logo and the usb wire showing up on your device that you can connect your device to itune and restore the iOS. Now if in the process of restoring the iOS itune display some error messages, note them an post them here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to work with it now... It seems to be unable to hold a charge for some reason.

The problem is that when it's plugged in it will just stay stuck at the logo and then restart after about 10 minutes. Holding the buttons doesn't seem to do anything while it's plugged in.

I will be so happy if I can get this fixed.

Sure it will work, it's an iPhone and i don't see it breaking just software relate and that easely. There is something going on wrong with either your device or your computer. Have you charge your phone battery? If you are not sure about it, you can just leave it at charge for about 30mn or 1h then we can be sure that it's charged enough to run. And in case you are sure that it's fully charged, do not plug your phone to your computer before pressing home and sleep/wake buttons, you will plug your phone to your computer only after you see the itune icon plus the usb cables logos displaying on the screen of your phone, that's when you will plug your phone to your computer making sure that you already have itune open on your computer with internet access on it and ready to recognize your iphone.

Bab is right about getting our phone to the screen with the iTunes logo. This is known as recovery mode. Do a search on YouTube for a video tutorial on how to do it. It can be quite tricky but having it shown infront of you makes it much easier.

If recovery mode fails or you can't seem to get it into recovery mode, the usually more successful DFU mode will get your device back up and running. Again, use YouTube for a how to...

Bab is right about getting our phone to the screen with the iTunes logo. This is known as recovery mode. Do a search on YouTube for a video tutorial on how to do it. It can be quite tricky but having it shown infront of you makes it much easier.

If recovery mode fails or you can't seem to get it into recovery mode, the usually more successful DFU mode will get your device back up and running. Again, use YouTube for a how to...

Yeah if recovery mode fail, then dfu mod.