What's new

iTunes logo and USB cable

Coombetrenchard

Reaction score
Please could you help me with my iPhone 4. I plugged it in to sync it with my PC the updates took over 3 hours. When it had completed, I unplugged it, but it would not turn on. All I get is the iTunes logo and a USB cable on the screen, which stays for about 30 seconds, then the phone switches off. I have tried holding down the on/off button, and the home button at the same time to reset it, but it hasn't helped.
Is there anything I can do, or should I take it to an Apple store? I have had the phone for about 11 months.
Thanks

Coombetrenchard said:
Please could you help me with my iPhone 4. I plugged it in to sync it with my PC the updates took over 3 hours. When it had completed, I unplugged it, but it would not turn on. All I get is the iTunes logo and a USB cable on the screen, which stays for about 30 seconds, then the phone switches off. I have tried holding down the on/off button, and the home button at the same time to reset it, but it hasn't helped.
Is there anything I can do, or should I take it to an Apple store? I have had the phone for about 11 months.
Thanks

It sounds like your stuck in recovery mode. Sync it with iTunes again. That should "wake" your iPhone up. If that doesn't help you might have restore your iPhone and start the upgrade install process all over again.

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestion, however that has not made any difference. It was when I tried to do the upgrade restore process that this happened. Now when I plug it into the computer, it doesn't even give me the option of doing that. Any other suggestions?

Tried to download the latest tinyumbrella and connect ur ip4 to pc .in tinyumbrella click ur device name u should see "kick out recovery " click it and ur device
Should restart

If TinyUmbrella doesn't help much, then restore the iOS on the phone using another computer if possible.