What's new

really in need of advice

phil51

Reaction score
hello I got a iPhone 4s its stuck in dfu but the icon on the screen isn't blue its red,,ive tried restoring and its gets to about 60 percent done then says it cant be done code 1 I looked it up I turned off the avist antivirus made sure defender was turned off and farewall was allowing it to be run so tried to restore again and same thing again ive tried on 3 diff laptops 2 on windows 8.1 and one on windows 7 still the same it wont let it restore can any one help me?

tried that sigh I get 1394 error with that one thanks anyway

1394 or 3194? If it was the latter, you used the wrong iOS version for your iPhone. Make sure you've downloaded the right one.

Also look at iTunes on your Windows PC, it should be up to date. As far as I know the latest version is 12.0.1.

Last edited:
that's the problem I don't know what ios was on this phone im trying to put ios 8.1 on but its not having it my iTunes is up to date perhaps I should download ios 7 and try that jeez I could be here all week

No matter which software was on your iPhone, the only version you'll be able to install is the most recent one, which is iOS 8.1.2. Because you're trying to update to a different version, you're getting this error.

but that's the one im trying to install 8.1.2 so I think then the phone is no good I guess I could try and find a motherboard

is there anyway to jailbreak it in this state with it stuck in restore

I don't think it's possible to jailbreak an iDevice which isn't working. I'm not an expert, though.

I've just read through your first post again. What you described there, was that the iPhone is showing the screen to restore it using recovery mode. This is done in a different way than restoring:
If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support
Try this. If it doesn't work, try the tutorial in my first reply again, and make sure you've downloaded the right iOS firmware version.

that doesn't help either im really thankful for your help I think I have to face facts I need a motherboard