What's new

Ready to get rid of the iPhone

tntlassiter

Reaction score
I just got the iPhone about 2 weeks ago. As soon as I plugged into my laptop, iTunes said i had an update so I updated to 4.2.9. Afterward I wanted to jailbreak but found I couldn't with 4.2.9 so I have tried downgrading to 4.2.8 but it isn't working. I have tried all the steps I have read on numerous threads on this forum but nothing is working. I have Dl'ed the 4.2.8 zip restore file but when i follow some of the steps on how to downgrade all the folders lead to "no files match" and I can't downgrade. If I can't downgrade and jailbreak then I will just get rid of the iPhone and go back to the droid. I need some help!! Please...

You cannot jailbreak an older OS because apple will not sign it. Only way is if you have the SHSH blobs from previous jailbreak. You can use a tethered jailbreak for the current 4.2.10 on redsn0w.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Ramkatral said:
You cannot jailbreak an older OS because apple will not sign it. Only way is if you have the SHSH blobs from previous jailbreak. You can use a tethered jailbreak for the current 4.2.10 on redsn0w.

How are people saying they downgraded and then jailbroke?

Dunno. Prolly had SHSH blobs from their previous install.

And as far as I know people aren't able to downgrade at all now thanks to changes in new iTunes version.

Ramkatral said:
And as far as I know people aren't able to downgrade at all now thanks to changes in new iTunes version.

There is thread called "restore to 4.2.8????? " that's says you can...

Once again. I'm going to try to say this simpler. You could restore if you had he SHSH from a previous install on YOUR device. It involved tricking iTunes into letting cydia sign it. Apple just released iTunes 10.4 which now detects when it's not communicating with the real apple server. This effectively destroyed the ability to downgrade. This is a just recent occurrence.

Ramkatral said:
Once again. I'm going to try to say this simpler. You could restore if you had he SHSH from a previous install on YOUR device. It involved tricking iTunes into letting cydia sign it. Apple just released iTunes 10.4 which now detects when it's not communicating with the real apple server. This effectively destroyed the ability to downgrade. This is a just recent occurrence.

Ok. Thanks. That makes my decision to get rid of my iPhone easy...

I would wait for iOS 5. It will be worth the patience.

Ramkatral said:
I would wait for iOS 5. It will be worth the patience.

When will that come out?

Couple of months prolly when iPhone 5 drops.

Prolly = probably... Where you from? We say it all the time in western NC. Pretty sure most of the south does. Could be wrong tho.

Back