What's new

Can't get rid if stupid icon! Jailbreak help!

RK x Trigger

Reaction score
u4uvaneh.jpg

The circled icon I have had for over a year since I first Jailbroke my iPhone 5. A few months after jailbreaking and installing countless tweaks/themes, my phone slowed down and battery life drooped severely so I restored my iPhone and didn't look back until I couldn't get rid if this stupid icon anymore because I had updated my phone!
We'll now that jailbreak is available again and I have iFile installed on my phone, I can get rid of this thing once and for all but I can't remember how...
Anyone with any knowledge, some advice would be fantastic! Thanks!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest, I can't even see what the app is. Restore afresh, and remove that app from your Apps library in iTunes, restore your backup, and rejailbreak is all I can say at the moment.

It's not an iTunes app. It's from a Cydia tweak for Siri that I installed during the 6.0.2 days. I have since uninstalled the tweak but this Twitter shortcut for the dev still remains.

See if you can find the application in root:/Application using iFile or iFunBox (need to install afc2add first).

In Cydia, search for the app, then scroll down and look under the "filesystem content". That should tell you where all files it installed are at on your phone.

There is no file system content. The dev is no help either.
u2y2ytu8.jpg
uhadu2yt.jpg

Like I said in my previous posts, the dev has been absolutely zero help. I tried getting ahold of him via Twitter, which by the way he still uses, and he didn't respond. That's why I'm coming to the community for a hopeful solution.

Go to cydia and search for Cydelete. It allowes you to delete any icon from Cydia. (Even cydia itself but that feature is automatically turned off due to accidents)

Go to cydia and search for Cydelete. It allowes you to delete any icon from Cydia. (Even cydia itself but that feature is automatically turned off due to accidents)

Thanks for the advice but I have no problem deleting the icon itself but the problem itself seems to lie in the root file somewhere. Every time I Respring the icon reappears. I can't find the root file for this tweak on my phone anywhere.