What's new

Random songs missing from library

phanks

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4 from Verizon with v4.2.8 using iTunes v10.3.1.55 on Windows 7 SP1. Randomly I will get songs or video that are unable to be found during the sync. When I attempt to play them from iTunes I get the message indicating they could not be found. They are however still on the phone. The orignal song is still on my PC in the folder My Music.

I have not done a backup of my library.

Any ideas I should start looking at?

Thanks for your help!

Are you able to go to My Music folder and right click to play those songs using iTunes or not?

Yes I am. THe .mp4 file is there and plays just fine.
so look up for a song in your iTunes library, right click on the song and select "locate song folder" or something similar, when the folder is open, transfer all your other songs to that folder, close and run again iTunes to see if it can play the files now, mp3 files should be easy, as for mp4 files, place them all in "My Videos" folder and drag and drop them in iTunes.

When I select the Locate option, it is requiring me to select the file by clicking on it. I don't see how I can have it search. Am I missing something?

When I select the Locate option, it is requiring me to select the file by clicking on it. I don't see how I can have it search. Am I missing something?

Yes, you should right click on a song witin your iTunes and select "locate file" in the drop list after right clicking on the song. But do that within your iTunes library. Chose a song that can be played in iTunes an is in the iTunes library. Once you locate the song folder, move all your other songs which are not playing automatically by iTunes in that folder. That's it for mp3 as for mp4 do like I suggested up there.

That is what I tried. There is no option in the context menu to locate. The only place I have seen it is when you either attempt to play it or Show in Windows Explorer.