What's new

iTunes Library

crusher25

Reaction score
I had a hard drive failure a few weeks ago so I lost all my files there. My iPhone is currently synced in the iTunes Library of that PC but since my hard drive got broken, now it's lost. I want to put new songs on my iPhone but I can't because it's not synced in the iTunes Library of my laptop. So that means I really need to delete all the stuff again since that's needed in order to sync it to a new library?

I tried following this:
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3141

But it didn't work. Yes I was able to backup the songs in my iPhone but I still can't transfer new songs to my iPhone. It still won't let me. Maybe because I haven't deleted the old library in my iPhone?

Also if I delete the old library in my iPhone, will that delete my apps too? Meaning, if I made progress in some of the games there, will I start at the beginning again?

There is a way that you can transfer your songs from your iPhone/iPod back to your computer. Now I have done this from my iPod before I got my iPhone but it should work the same. I had to do it cuz I got a new computer and my iTunes did not all transfer because not all my songs were bought from itunes. You do have to make sure you computer is authorized to your iTunes account. Then hook up your iPhone and transfer from your iPhone to your computer. I believe this option will pop up once your iPhone is hooked up. If not look up in the menus.

Sent from my somewhere in the universe using Tapatalk

There is a way that you can transfer your songs from your iPhone/iPod back to your computer. Now I have done this from my iPod before I got my iPhone but it should work the same. I had to do it cuz I got a new computer and my iTunes did not all transfer because not all my songs were bought from itunes. You do have to make sure you computer is authorized to your iTunes account. Then hook up your iPhone and transfer from your iPhone to your computer. I believe this option will pop up once your iPhone is hooked up. If not look up in the menus.

Sent from my somewhere in the universe using Tapatalk

As I've said, I've already transferred the songs in my iPhone to my laptop. But still, I can't transfer new songs to my iPhone because I haven't synced the library of this laptop to my iPhone. I haven't reformatted my iPhone because I might lose all my contacts, messages and saved data in my games. Is there a way to do this wherein I won't lose any data?