What's new

Random problems out of nowhere...PLEASE HELP

kbphoto615

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s on 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0 , everything was fine up until like 5 days ago people stopped receiving pictures from me. It says delivered on my end but they never get it. I turn iMessage off and it works. That's only one problem. Another problem I'm having is random crashing. No matter what app I am in, most frequently my msg app, it will randomly crash. Sometimes starting in safe-mode immediatley, other times it will do a hard reboot.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? or fix it entirely?

thankyou for anyones time and help.

Check out the diagnostics & usage under your settings.app and see if there's a panic.plist on there or multiple of them

Check out the diagnostics & usage under your settings.app and see if there's a panic.plist on there or multiple of them

I look under Settings and see no diagnostics and usage?

I have an iPhone 4s on 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0 , everything was fine up until like 5 days ago people stopped receiving pictures from me. It says delivered on my end but they never get it. I turn iMessage off and it works. That's only one problem. Another problem I'm having is random crashing. No matter what app I am in, most frequently my msg app, it will randomly crash. Sometimes starting in safe-mode immediatley, other times it will do a hard reboot.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? or fix it entirely?

thankyou for anyones time and help.

What Cydia tweaks have you installed lately...?

Try installing CrashReporter from Cydia.... may help identify problem tweak...?

What Cydia tweaks have you installed lately...?

Try installing CrashReporter from Cydia.... may help identify problem tweak...?

I haven't installed anything in the past couple of months. Just updated previously installed apps, and I believe a tweak or two were updated in Cydia last week. But I can't remember what. :S

I will install crash reporter.

Under Settings>General>About:

Several Low Memory Plists
1 Panic Plist
Several Latest Crash Plists

I don't really know what any of this means.

Low memory plists are normal, it's just the iPhone dumping whatever's cached. Panic.plist is present when there's a software or hardware issue. Is it possible to upload the entire text in the panic.plist?

Low memory plists are normal, it's just the iPhone dumping whatever's cached. Panic.plist is present when there's a software or hardware issue. Is it possible to upload the entire text in the panic.plist?

$photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg

I attached screenshot/images of the Panic.plist

Jesus christ even blowing it up to 200% couldn't let me see it without me taking my PC screen off and closing in to read it lol. Well your issue is a kernel error. Just a little hiccup. The best way to resolve this is to restore using DFU to ensure that everything is cleaned out and a fresh copy of iOS is on your iPhone so that everything runs smoothly. There are other ways around it, but it's much more difficult to do and hard to explain

Jesus christ even blowing it up to 200% couldn't let me see it without me taking my PC screen off and closing in to read it lol. Well your issue is a kernel error. Just a little hiccup. The best way to resolve this is to restore using DFU to ensure that everything is cleaned out and a fresh copy of iOS is on your iPhone so that everything runs smoothly. There are other ways around it, but it's much more difficult to do and hard to explain

Hahahah!!! Oh I'm so sorry I shouldve attached them differently!! hahah Ok, so I assume that means I'll be losing my jailbreak? I really can't afford to lost it at this time. I know you said it's hard to explain, but you could you attempt to do so? What exactly causes a kernel error, to happen randomly like this?

Anything can. If there's a hiccup somewhere that interferes with the internals of the iPhone, it can cause a kernel error. Hardware issues can sometime contribute as well. You can back up all your belongings before restoring. Or since you're jailbroken, you can just restore to the same iOS using the SHSH blobs on Cydia's servers already and just re-apply the jailbreak. Any jailbroken tweak settings may or may not be cached, but you can backup the list of Cydia tweaks/apps that you have on your iPhone using Cydia apps like APTBackup or iPKGbackup, etc. As for actual Apple apps, they're tied to your iTunes account.

Restoring an iPhone is not only easiest bit of advice to give but should be the last resort.... If you do plan to restore your iPhone 4S back to 5.1.1 then follow this guide ....

Does you problems still happen when iPhone is in safe mode...? can you send a picture via iMessage ?

What cydia tweak updates did you get when the problem started..? try disabling the tweaks in Mobile Substrate Addons...?

Restoring an iPhone is not only easiest bit of advice to give but should be the last resort.... If you do plan to restore your iPhone 4S back to 5.1.1 then follow this guide ....

Does you problems still happen when iPhone is in safe mode...? can you send a picture via iMessage ?

What cydia tweak updates did you get when the problem started..? try disabling the tweaks in Mobile Substrate Addons...?

Ok see I was worried I could not re-jailbreak. I cannot afford to lose the jailbreak. I will try and see if the crashes happen in Safe Mode next time it restarts into safe mode.

Is there a way to see what has been recently updated in Cydia?
I cannot recall what was updated. :S

Hold power and home button until Apple logo shows then let go of both...now keep hold of the up volume button until your iPhone completes the reboot.

You are now in Safe Mode... now try and send a picture via iMessage...?

edit: To exit Safe Mode just reboot iPhone...

Hold power and home button until Apple logo shows then let go of both...now keep hold of the up volume button until your iPhone completes the reboot.

You are now in Safe Mode... now try and send a picture via iMessage...?

edit: To exit Safe Mode just reboot iPhone...

Ok even in safe-mode, I cannot get the i-message to turn back on.

I turned it off to be able to send pictures, and when I go to turn it back on it waits at activating and does nothing.

EDIT:

Oh also, my power/standby/lock button is broken. So rebooting is a pain in the ass.

Last edited: