What's new

Quick Tip for Verizon iPhone Users

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Just wanted to share something that has noticeably improved my data connection/speed. I'm on stock 5.1 with a Verizon 4S, so not sure if it works on anything other than a Sprint iPhone.

A few days ago I was having intermittent data problems, such as .06Mbps down, switching between 3G and 2G, etc, and did all the usual toggle airplane mode, toggle data, restart phone, etc. I was about to just do a fresh restore, when a setting in General -> Network -> Roaming titled "International CDMA". Under this setting it says to turn it off if you experience poor data performance. Since then I haven't had any weird issues, and iMessage has never had to send a message as a text to an iPhone.

Anyway, it most likely only works on CDMA iPhones, but it's worth a shot of you're ever experiencing data issues.

zig9449

Reaction score
Well I'm kind of confused. Your title says Verizon, and your post says Sprint. Why is that?

I have a CDMA iPhone also, tho mine is from Verizon , and it's not a 4S, it's just a 4, and I don't see that setting. Just a voice roaming toggle. Tho it may be because I have an iPhone 4 instead of a 4S.idk.lol

Either way, thank you for sharing this info, I'm sure it will be useful to someone on here.;)

ardchoille

Reaction score
Well I'm kind of confused. Your title says Verizon, and your post says Sprint. Why is that?

I have a CDMA iPhone also, tho mine is from Verizon , and it's not a 4S, it's just a 4, and I don't see that setting. Just a voice roaming toggle. Tho it may be because I have an iPhone 4 instead of a 4S.idk.lol

Either way, thank you for sharing this info, I'm sure it will be useful to someone on here.;)
I'm on Verizon with a 4S running 5.1 and I'm seeing the same thing you are. Just FYI.

Most reactions