What's new

Questions on Jailbreaking Iphone 4/4.3

Domino68

Reaction score
I would like to jailbreak my Iphone 4 that has 4.3 (8f190) on it. I have searched for a while on this site and found excellent tutorials by member Unleashed for the 4.3.3.

My question is this: If my phone is 4.3 (GSM), do I need to upgrade by Itunes first, THEN jailbreak using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc18? Or, can I just go ahead and use redsn0w on its current version? Also, if I do upgrade, will this give me problems with unlocking the phone later on?

Any help/hints/suggestions would be appreciated.

I would like to jailbreak my Iphone 4 that has 4.3 (8f190) on it. I have searched for a while on this site and found excellent tutorials by member Unleashed for the 4.3.3.

My question is this: If my phone is 4.3 (GSM), do I need to upgrade by Itunes first, THEN jailbreak using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc18? Or, can I just go ahead and use redsn0w on its current version? Also, if I do upgrade, will this give me problems with unlocking the phone later on?

Any help/hints/suggestions would be appreciated.

Firstly thank you for your kind words...

secondly You don't have to restore again to firmware 4.3.3 if you already on the firmware you can go ahead and just use redsn0w. make sure you have the 4.3.3 .ipsw handy to load as reedsn0w will ask for it.