What's new

Question on possible stolen iPhone 4s

Nickz28ss

Reaction score
A guy i know said he has a 4s he'd sell me for a real good price. It is a 32G 4s, my only concern is it might be stolen. If it is and I put my sim in there and run the phone can the original owner still trace it to me?

Ask him for the serial number, then call Apple and/or the carrier. They can tell you whether it's stolen, missing, or legit. I'm kind of appalled that you'd consider using the iPhone if it was stolen.

And, before you tell me that this is "the real world kid", I know about stolen items. When I was 15, I paid $700 for a MBP 15. A few weeks later I found out it was stolen. There was pretty much no way they could find me, but I still called the real owner and got it back. I lost all of the $700, and I had worked for every penny of it. From then on, I checked the serial number before I purchased expansive electronics.

Last edited:
Ask him for the serial number, then call Apple and/or the carrier. They can tell you whether it's stolen, missing, or legit. I'm kind of appalled that you'd consider using the iPhone if it was stolen.

And, before you tell me that this is "the real world kid", I know about stolen items. When I was 15, I paid $700 for a MBP 15. A few weeks later I found out it was stolen. There was pretty much no way they could find me, but I still called the real owner and got it back. I lost all of the $700, and I had worked for every penny of it. From then on, I checked the serial number before I purchased expansive electronics.

I wasn't gonna buy it, if it was stolen. And i got the IMEI# from him and just called AT&T and they said it was all good on there end. So looks like im gonna trade straight up, my 16G 4 for a 32G 4s

16 for a 32...straight up trade... a 4 for a 4S.... WTH!!!

WTH thats the right words to say it!! No way, that iPhone 4s is smelly my advice stick with ure 4 or sell this One and buy à new 4s straight up!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s white 32gb

Last edited:
When you do the trade you had better meet at the apple store or at least at the carrier store so they can have a look. Most of the time if something is too good to be true it most likely is. It's sad but it's the world we live in.

Idk I've looked at the phone. It's a fully funticonal 32 4Gs, I got the IMEI# and called it into AT&T and they said it
Was clean and clear on there end.

well he gave me the phone and told me to give him the other when I have everything switched over.