What's new

Question about "NETSH WINSOCK RESET"

Stains

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I own an iphone 4S (32GB) on iOS 5.0.1 and my wife also has a 4S (16GB) on iOS 5.0.1
We both use the same computer with different users, and as it's Win 7 Ultimatem, mine is in English and hers is in Japanese. iTunes is also in English for me and Japanese for her. Whenever I plug my phone into the PC and back-up with iTunes it works no problem. However whenever I switch users and plug my wife's phone into her iTunes it hangs and eventually timesout. If I use the NETSH WINSOCK RESET command and reset the computer her phone will now back up fine, however if I now switch over to mine and try it, I encounter the same problem. Doing the WINSOCK reset and rebooting fixes it again but I have to do it every time I want to switch between backing up the phones. What exactly does the NETSH WINSOCK RESET command do? Does anyone know a way around having to reset? Is the language/user difference causing the problem? It's not a really big problem, more annoying than anything. If anyone knows of a solution or cause of the problem please let me know! Thanks!

Stains