What's new

Question about Cydia and Rock app

need help

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am putting this in the right place. was wanting to know when you buy apps through cydia is it like the app store. What I mean by that I am wanting to update my phone or do a factory restore (more leaning towards factory restore) on my iphone 4. Because I tunes does not show cydia apps. If I do this can I go back to cydia and get the apps for free(the ones I paid for) like I can in the app store. I email cydia and they never responded back to me and that's been 3 months + ago..so I was hoping maybe somebody on here would know this answer.

thanks in advance

Yes you can! Once paid for, you can download them again with no charge, with the same account of course. Check out "PkgBackup" on Cydia, it will make and keep a list of all your Cydia apps and allow you to re-download them automatically after you re-jailbreak. Of course you have to install "PkgBackup" again after the jailbreak, and then, tell it to restore your apps. You can save the list to your Contacts list or to DropBox for safe keeping.

Yes you can! Once paid for, you can download them again with no charge, with the same account of course. Check out "PkgBackup" on Cydia, it will make and keep a list of all your Cydia apps and allow you to re-download them automatically after you re-jailbreak. Of course you have to install "PkgBackup" again after the jailbreak, and then, tell it to restore your apps. You can save the list to your Contacts list or to DropBox for safe keeping.

I was wondering where "pkgbackup" is. Is it in cydia or do I have to download it from cydia.I am new to all of this. And where is my account info too. so I can make sure I use the same one once I restore it..

thanks

I was wondering where "pkgbackup" is. Is it in cydia or do I have to download it from cydia.I am new to all of this. And where is my account info too. so I can make sure I use the same one once I restore it..

thanks
It's in Cydia, open Cydia and use the search function (magnifying glass icon) to find it. Tap on the search field and the keyboard will come up, type in PkgBackup then tap search. When you see the listing for PkgBackup tap on it and it will take you to the page to purchase the app. Follow the instructions to purchase the app. After it's approved you will be able to download the app. It will install automatically and ask you to re-spring. When you purchase the app and give them your credit card info and e-mail address, that's your account or login from then on. It seems to be based mostly on your e-mail address.