What's new

wanting to know about mywi 4.0 on Cydia

need help

Reaction score
I was wanting to buy Mywi 4.0 in cydia. My question is, If I buy it will at&t know that I bought it to tether my phone. Or will Cydia send them information on me buying that app. I dont want to be surprised a month later and it says I bought mywi to tether my phone and then change my unlimited data plan. Just needed to know how this will work so that at&t won't know about it. Wanting to know before I get it. Or is that why cydia had it for free at one time. or is there a way to open tethering on iphone 4 ver 4.0.1 now. phone has been jailbroken so will app take after its already been installed too.

thanks

No, it works just fine. But the data will come off your plan so if your not on the unlimited plan you will use up data pretty fast..

when I buy it.. will I have to restore phone to factory. and then jailbreak it again. or can I purchase it with no problems.. I have jailbroken and used trial on mywi. will that cause me any problems in purchasing it.

thanks

P.S. So, I can get mywi from cydia without at&t knowing about it. as long as I have a unlimited data plan.

thank

I think you can purchase the full version from within the trial app. AT&T can't see anything but how much data you are using. The unlimited plan does have a "soft cap at 5gb" so you might get a call from AT&T if you use 20gb in a month...... But as far as staying within a reasonable amount you will be fine.

Danny Boy thanks for replying. I was wondering would it hurt anything if I restore my iphone 4 to factory and then jailbreak it again. I want to take some repro off..its coming up with errors. I installed these files into cydia and its coming up some errors. why are these repro coming up with errors. the errors are something to do with public keys.here is what I downloaded:

repro.insa*elyi
ih*cksto*e
si*ful ip*one
bi*eyo*ra**le.

thanks

Since 4.2 doesn't have an unteathered jailbreak yet I wouldn't restore. But yes you shouldn't use cracked app or stolen software aside from the stealing they are filled with errors and problems.

Since 4.2 doesn't have an unteathered jailbreak yet I wouldn't restore. But yes you shouldn't use cracked app or stolen software aside from the stealing they are filled with errors and problems.

Why wouldn't you restore to factory if errors are occurring. Or is it going to hurt how it runs after I restore phone. The I would jb phone again so I can get rid of the error problem. All I wanted anyways is the mywi anyways. The rest of the stuff in cydia and rock really don't interest me. Going to buy
So I don't really need cydia and rock once I pay for it.

Thanks

Just remove the problem repo's individually.

Cydia>Manage>sources>Edit>Click -

Hope it helps