What's new

Qi Wireless Charging For The iPhone

jimt29

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Qi Wireless base (CHOETECH T513) and a credit card size adapter that is about .5 mm thick. There are a bunch of different adapters available. I just chose one and it works fine.

The CHOETECH T513 is a beautifully made product. Check out the reviews on Amazon.

I use a folio case and the adapter fits fine
Qi Base.png
QI iPhone Adapter.png
between the iPhone and the case.

So far it has worked great. It's nice to just set the iPhone on the base and walk away. I know I have a connection because a little blue LED lights up to confirm the connection.

Purchased from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and so far no problems.

I recently purchased a Qi Wireless charging system for my iPhone. You need the .5 mm credit card size adapter that fits between the case and the phone and you need the charging base.

I can't say much about the adapter except to say it works fine but is hidden so you never really see it.

The charger base is a Choetech that is a really nice gadget. Very well made with a kind of soft touch skin, and a little blue LED that lights up when the phone is charging. It's just about the same size as the phone too. I purchased the model T513 from Amazon.

I have only had it for a week but it the little time I've been using it it has performed flawlessly.

I like the idea of just plopping the phone on the charger and walking away. Easy. Simple.

the little black nub, as you can see, goes into the iPhone with the adapter folding around the back and then put into the case.
qi iphone.png

Qi Charger.png

How do you benefit from charging that way as opposed to using the lightning cable? Can you use the phone while charging?

Wireless, or induction charging, is less efficient that charging with the charging cable, resulting in longer charge times. This type of charging method is already used by Apple for the Apple Watch, with the addition of magnets to hold the charger in place.

@jimt29
I've moved this thread to the one that you started a week ago about the same topic.

Besides fragmenting the conversation, thus making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your device to this thread.

@jimt29
I've moved this thread to the one that you started a week ago about the same topic.

Besides fragmenting the conversation, thus making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your device to this thread.

Thank you. I couldn't find the original post. There are so many different forums and different issues that often I don't really know which is the most appropriate forum to post to. Sometimes I read a post and can't even find it the next time I look for it.

Not sure how it fragments anything; I doubt people here read each and every forum. I know I don't. What I do know is that I have gotten a lot of help here and am glad this forum/forums exists.