What's new

Puttluck: The motion-controlled golf sim from Tecmark

joel@tecmark

Reaction score
Puttluck is a slick new golf game for the iPhone 4 featuring Wii-style motion controls that replicate the physics of putting for direct, addictive gameplay.

The game, which has been in development for over a year, runs on an advanced physics engine and makes full use of the iPhone’s gyroscope, giving it a level of realism that will appeal to serious golfers and casual gamers alike.

The game requires you to swing the phone itself like a putter, so you have to get your grip right and use the perfect amount of power. Ridiculous trousers are optional.

It features arcade and tournament modes that span 9 real holes from the world’s best courses, and includes three levels of difficulty. Live leaderboards and competitions run through the Puttluck website.

Puttluck was developed by Tecmark for Steve McGuinness - a PGA professional golfer and Director of Mobile Golf Games Ltd. He says: “As a PGA professional golfer I was keen to see what golf apps were out there. When I looked into it I realised there was nothing available that had an interactive or Wii-style feel.

“I approached Tecmark to develop the app and we have worked closely to ensure the gameplay is as realistic as possible, helping gamers to judge the greens and slopes and develop their putting stroke.

“As a golf pro, I love teaching people of all ages and abilities. The great thing about the app is that it should appeal to advanced users as well as those who are new to the sport or people who fancy their chances in the Puttluck competitions.”

Top golf accessories supplier Black Widow are sponsoring the app, providing prizes worth £500 for Puttluck competitions set to coincide with major golf tournaments, starting with The Masters 2011.

Puttluck is available on the App Store for £0.59.

mzl.hwddcqhq.320x480-75.jpg