What's new

PSA: iOS 6.0.1 UNTETHERED Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I can answer that last part... Apple is no longer signing blobs for 6.0.1. what this means is that you cannot use TU to save the SHSH Blobs for 6.0.1.

I just updated to 6.0.2 in hopes that I could save THOSE blobs, but for some reason TU still thinks my phone is on 6.0.1 and therefore will NOT save the blobs for me. I am waiting to see if anyone is able to save 6.0.2 blobs...

as to the first part of your post.... well the issue is if you DON'T have any blobs saved, and you jailbreak and run into an issue where you have to do a full restore the only restore you would be able to do would be to go up to 6.1... However if you HAVE blobs from an earlier version, then you could restore to that earlier version.

I updated to 6.0.2 in hopes that I could save those blobs in case I fubared my iPhone 5 and had to do a full restore. since I cannot seem to save them yet, if I mes up this weekend I might end up accidentally having to update to 6.1 in which case there is a chance the JB wont support it...

Did that help? Or did I just confuse you more.... :)
That's the same situation I'm in. I updated through itunes. I've had a notice of an ota update hanging on my "settings" app forever and now it's gone.

schollianmj said:
well I can answer that last part... Apple is no longer signing blobs for 6.0.1. what this means is that you cannot use TU to save the SHSH Blobs for 6.0.1.

I just updated to 6.0.2 in hopes that I could save THOSE blobs, but for some reason TU still thinks my phone is on 6.0.1 and therefore will NOT save the blobs for me. I am waiting to see if anyone is able to save 6.0.2 blobs...

as to the first part of your post.... well the issue is if you DON'T have any blobs saved, and you jailbreak and run into an issue where you have to do a full restore the only restore you would be able to do would be to go up to 6.1... However if you HAVE blobs from an earlier version, then you could restore to that earlier version.

I updated to 6.0.2 in hopes that I could save those blobs in case I fubared my iPhone 5 and had to do a full restore. since I cannot seem to save them yet, if I mes up this weekend I might end up accidentally having to update to 6.1 in which case there is a chance the JB wont support it...

Did that help? Or did I just confuse you more.... :)

Hmm... So... That means that it's advisable to upgrade to 6.0.2, rather than risk it and stay on 6.0.1 so in case there's any issues with the jb, i can restore back to 6.0.2 at a later stage after the window for 6.0.2 has closed...?

Ok, I just did a full factory restore of my device on 6.0.2 through Itunes... when I open TU and run it this is the log file I get...

tiny_zps9b4857fa.png

note the version number...

But when I go into settings/general/about phone I see Version: 6.0.2 (10A551) I just dida full restore, and did NOT restore from a backup, I set it up like a new phone... Why wont TU see the correct version?

TU doesn't support iOS 6.0.2. But then from another PoV, 6.0.2 blobs are useless since they're based off of a hotfix. 6.0.2 is basically a hotfix to a hotfix, so there's literally no base of its own. If anything, just perform a fresh restore on it.

Last edited:
Is any chance to download the iOS 6.0.2 to my desktop and restore it on iTunes ?

TU doesn't support iOS 6.0.2. But then from another PoV, 6.0.2 blobs are useless since they're based off of a hotfix. 6.0.2 is basically a hotfix to a hotfix, so there's literally no base of its own. If anything, just perform a fresh restore on it.

So what do we do? just not mess up the JB so we dont have to restore? :) Or once we get the JB Cydia will save our blobs for us right? and we can use them if we need to restore?

That would highly depend. If you can save iOS 6.0.2 blobs, they'll be stored on Cydia the 2nd time you access Cydia on your device directly. That's assuming everything goes accordingly as planned.

You havent met me have you Jon... Im the guy that when someone says "its fool proof!" somehow it dont work right for me... :) Sorry for all the questions and pestering...

What if i'm jail-broke on 5.1.1 already but I really need to restore my 4s and iPod 4

Sorry Guys, Really confused here. I am on 6.0.1 ( iphone5 ) at the moment and did not save my SHSH blogs and dont remember if I updated thru a OTA or Itunes. If I factory restore it will go to 6.0.2. Should I stay where i am at just concerned the 6.0.1 I have maynot work on the release of the JB. Would be be safer to go and update to 6.0.2? And how do I save my SHSH blogs from there.

6.0.1 is what the jb is supposed to be for. i would hold off going to 6.0.2.

If you are using an iPhone 5 to save your SHSH blobs you need to use the latest version of Redsn0w.

*plug in iPhone 5
*Open redsn0w and click"Extras"
*Click "SHSH blobs"
*Click "New"
*Select iOS 6.0.2 firmware
*redsn0w will tell you it saved blobs and ask if You want to submit them to Cydia
*click "yes"
*Done

Last edited:
What is the latest version of redsnow ? if have a link can u post here pls ..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.