What's new

Problems with BiteSMS launching when you want to edit a Siri created text

pianoman

Reaction score
is anybody else experiencing this? often when I dictate a text to Siri - she gets 95% of it right.. but right as she's asking you to send it - you can tap the bubble in the center of the screen with her rendering and then it will take you to the text window so you can edit a couple of lines before sending. well after jailbreak and install of bitesms, my favorite, as soon as you tap siri's text bubble it launches the quick compose screen of bitesms without the dictation from siri in it. is there any way to turn this off. i've tried several of the preference buttons in bitesms to no avail. i need quick compose and quick reply from bitesms to launch only when i want them to. currently this seems like a bitesms bug even though cydia says bitesms is 5.0 ready. any thoughts?

is anybody else experiencing this? often when I dictate a text to Siri - she gets 95% of it right.. but right as she's asking you to send it - you can tap the bubble in the center of the screen with her rendering and then it will take you to the text window so you can edit a couple of lines before sending. well after jailbreak and install of bitesms, my favorite, as soon as you tap siri's text bubble it launches the quick compose screen of bitesms without the dictation from siri in it. is there any way to turn this off. i've tried several of the preference buttons in bitesms to no avail. i need quick compose and quick reply from bitesms to launch only when i want them to. currently this seems like a bitesms bug even though cydia says bitesms is 5.0 ready. any thoughts?

I had similar issues and tried turning Quick Reply off all together to no avail. I even went to the bitesms site and asked about it on their forum, but after three days still have not gotten a single reply. I emailed the developer via cydia the same with no reply yet either. The website said lots of issues were fixed in 6.1 which is what I had, but I have to disagree.

Bitesms seems like an awesome program, but it's either buggy or just not designed well IMHO. The only sprinboard crash I've had I believe was caused by the QR popping while I was actually typing a text. I uninstalled it :-(

Yes, I too am having this same problem, I've looked through the settings, but to no avail...

I had similar issues and tried turning Quick Reply off all together to no avail. I even went to the bitesms site and asked about it on their forum, but after three days still have not gotten a single reply. I emailed the developer via cydia the same with no reply yet either.

Bitesms seems like an awesome program, but it's either buggy or just not designed well IMHO. The only sprinboard crash I've had I believe was caused by the QR popping while I was actually typing a text. I uninstalled it :-(
yeah i like it too. but it's not worth this headache. in 5.0.1 it's also VERY slow to launch when you hit a contact conversation. it just feels sluggish. i'm going to uninstall it too.

yeah i like it too. but it's not worth this headache. in 5.0.1 it's also VERY slow to launch when you hit a contact conversation. it just feels sluggish. i'm going to uninstall it too.

You might email him (them) via cydia and report. Maybe if enough people do they'll just fix it. When you email from cydia I believe it attaches a report they can look for trouble shooting.

how do you generate the report from within bitesms?

how do you generate the report from within bitesms?

You actually do it from cydia. Open cydia and search for bitesms. There is a link you click on for author and it will open your default email and attach the report for you. You just type you issue and hit send. You can read up on the other similar bitesms issues on their site as well.

thanks, rik. super helpful info. i really love that app. hope they can get it - more stable. you have any experience with any other sms apps meant to "augment" the power of apples sms?

thanks, rik. super helpful info. i really love that app. hope they can get it - more stable. you have any experience with any other sms apps meant to "augment" the power of apples sms?

There is one other I've read some about but better than 90% of posters said bitesms was the one to get. I might snoop around some more and try the other one if I can find the runner-up.