Jailbreaking the iOS 5 will get you Siri Dictation on older iDevices

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_0805-373x560.png

Hail hail fans of jailbreaking, we have fresh news for your eager ears! You probably are all aware of the efforts of your brothers, who are trying to port Siri Dictation to older devices like the iPhone 4. And it seems like the puzzle has been solved by Eric Day, a developer, who came up with the witty hack that breaths life onto your Siri even if you’re still using the older iDevices.

Our hero already uploaded the crack on the stronghold of all jailbreaking Cydia, and dubbed it “Siri0us”. Even if so far hackers have been saying that it won’t be possible to release the Siri port without pirating some of the iPhone 4S system files, Eric Day claims that wasn’t involved in the creation of his hack.

We’re already feeling your excitement so here are a few simple steps to getting your own private assistant and dictate to her a little too, that is, if your willing to jailbreak a tad. But you’ll need to have a iOS 5 or a iOS 5.0.1. on your iDevice for the hack to work:

1) First off, launch Cydia
2) Go for the Manage tab
3) Tap on Sources
4) Tap the Edit button, then on Add
5) Enter this address in order to add the Siri0us source: http://apt.if0rce.com
6) After the sources have been added, return to Cydia, by tapping the Return button
7) Tap the search tab and look for Siri0us
8) When found, select it.
9) Tap the Install button
10) Tap confirm, for the installation to be complete

And voila! you should now be able to use Siri Dictation on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or even iPad, by locating and tapping on the small microphone button next to the space bar.

I install this tweak on my iPhone 4 and I saw the icon but it close as soon as I open it

Well it started to work for my iPhone 4 but not my 3GS there still no microphone icon

I have now installed
Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
VoiceActivator and Hands Free and the combination of the three rock, still not as good as Siri but will do for now

Last edited by a moderator:
It is still out on one repo, but it is one which also has cracked apps so I can't say which.

The repo to get the H1Siri
Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Sent from my iPhone 4S 32

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.