What's new

Problem with iPhone 4 (Tethered ultrasn0w Jailbreak) Won't restore !

Isaswow

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I need your help, i think i messed up my iPhone 4 trying to downgrade my 5.1.1 iOS to 5.0.1 or older. I don't really like 5.1.1 and decided to downgrade it, it had a tethered redsn0w jailbreak, and while trying to restore it using the new .ipsw, a random error appeared during the restore and after that i can't get my phone to work. I tried to boot it using redsn0w , but doesn't work. The apple logo stays there for a few minutes, after that the apple logo with an ampty bar appears down the apple (just like it was restoring, but it appears even if its not connected to my comp), and then after that a little loading circle appears and stays there for a while, then it turns off and everything starts again. I tried to enter DFU/Recovery mode and normally restore it, but nothing. Even trying to restore it without a custom ipsw it won't work.. I need help because i don't really wanna lose my phone, and i can't buy another one, also, i know i can fix it, it's really hard (maybe impossible?) to just get your phone bricked this way...

Thanks for any support,
Isa

Last edited:
Isaswow said:
Hey everyone. I need your help, i think i messed up my iPhone 4 trying to downgrade my 5.1.1 iOS to 5.0.1 or older. I don't really like 5.1.1 and decided to downgrade it, it had a tethered redsn0w jailbreak, and while trying to restore it using the new .ipsw, a random error appeared during the restore and after that i can't get my phone to work. I tried to boot it using redsn0w , but doesn't work. The apple logo stays there for a few minutes, after that the apple logo with an ampty bar appears down the apple (just like it was restoring, but it appears even if its not connected to my comp), and then after that a little loading circle appears and stays there for a while, then it turns off and everything starts again. I tried to enter DFU/Recovery mode and normally restore it, but nothing. Even trying to restore it without a custom ipsw it won't work.. I need help because i don't really wanna lose my phone, and i can't buy another one, also, i know i can fix it, it's really hard (maybe impossible?) to just get your phone bricked this way...

Thanks for any support,
Isa

It's quite clear to me that you need to restore your phone. You cannot get your phone to work if the restore stops.lol.

I mean haven't you tried restoring it again?

And when you do restore to 5.0.1 you have to build a custom iPSW with either Sn0wbreeze or iFaith...With 5.0.1 SHSH blobs built into them.

If you use Sn0wbreeze you MUST choose "iFaith Mode" so you can select your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs.

You need download Tiny Umbrella and click the "Save SHSH" button while your device is plugged in and it's name is selected (highlighted) within Tiny Umbrella. (if you haven't already done so)

If iOS 5.0.1 shows in the list after clicking the "Save SHSH" button then you must use those 5.0.1 SHSH to build and iPSW.

iFaith requires you to select your SHSH blobs but with Sn0wbreeze you must choose "iFaith Mode" and then select your 5.0.1 SHSH.

If Tiny Umbrella does not show SHSH for 5.0.1 then you cannot restore to 5.0.1 period....unless iFaith has them...but unless you manually dumped SHSH blobs with iFaith *while* your device was on 5.0.1 then iFaith will not have them in iH8Sn0w's server.

Downed iFaith or Sn0wbreeze here: www.ih8sn0w.com

You MUST ALWAYS enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to *any* custom iPSW or the restore will never work and will always error out with 1600 type errors.

IREB is located within Sn0wbreeze and iFaith and is presented to you upon completion of the custom iPSW by both tools.

It's quite clear to me that you need to restore your phone. You cannot get your phone to work if the restore stops.lol.

I mean haven't you tried restoring it again?

And when you do restore to 5.0.1 you have to build a custom iPSW with either Sn0wbreeze or iFaith...With 5.0.1 SHSH blobs built into them.

If you use Sn0wbreeze you MUST choose "iFaith Mode" so you can select your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs.

You need download Tiny Umbrella and click the "Save SHSH" button while your device is plugged in and it's name is selected (highlighted) within Tiny Umbrella. (if you haven't already done so)

If iOS 5.0.1 shows in the list after clicking the "Save SHSH" button then you must use those 5.0.1 SHSH to build and iPSW.

iFaith requires you to select your SHSH blobs but with Sn0wbreeze you must choose "iFaith Mode" and then select your 5.0.1 SHSH.

If Tiny Umbrella does not show SHSH for 5.0.1 then you cannot restore to 5.0.1 period....unless iFaith has them...but unless you manually dumped SHSH blobs with iFaith *while* your device was on 5.0.1 then iFaith will not have them in iH8Sn0w's server.

Downed iFaith or Sn0wbreeze here: www.ih8sn0w.com

You MUST ALWAYS enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to *any* custom iPSW or the restore will never work and will always error out with 1600 type errors.

IREB is located within Sn0wbreeze and iFaith and is presented to you upon completion of the custom iPSW by both tools.

Thanks, i did save my SHSH blobs with tinyumbrella etc etc etc before but didn't try iFaith. I'm trying now and until now, everything is going okay. Thank you so much ! I will post later if everything went well ! And again, thank you ! <333333333

EDIT----

wow it worked ! thank you, i was starting to get worried :p and the best of all, i have my ios 5.0.1 back *-*

Last edited:
Isaswow said:
Thanks, i did save my SHSH blobs with tinyumbrella etc etc etc before but didn't try iFaith. I'm trying now and until now, everything is going okay. Thank you so much ! I will post later if everything went well ! And again, thank you ! <333333333

EDIT----

wow it worked ! thank you, i was starting to get worried :p and the best of all, i have my ios 5.0.1 back *-*

Glad it worked out for you.