What's new

Problem with iphone 4 - sending random SMS to Random numbers

mohammed rafi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pls help me in solving this issue...i'm a seller of iphone 4 in India... few days back i sold a 32 gb version to a buyer and now the buyer calls me up and says that his iphone 4 is sending random SMS's to random numbers in middle east. Although those numbers are not in his phone book... just checked with online apple support and they say to get it replaced... frankly i think that online support always asks its customers to get it replaced rather than helping in solving the issue...i'm ready to get it replaced but for that i have to send the phone back to Singapore(country of purchase)...Pls guys if any one has experienced it or can help me in sorting this issue without replacing it i would be grateful to them.... hoping a favorable reply ASAP...regards

I would like to help but am wondering about a few things. When these texts are sent, what do the texts include in them? Just a blank text or a text with random characters? Also, what environment is the phone in when a random text is sent? A pocket or just laying out on a surface? Also, is this iphone jailbroken? If jailbroken, there might be a mod thats causing this. Has the phone's warranty been voided such as it being dropped in water or had water dropped on it?

I think in asking these questions you might solve your problem yourself. If the phone is laying out on a flat surface, its not jailbroken, and its warranty hasnt been voided in any way, and it STILL does it, then you have a perfectly defective phone and as much as it sucks, the only thing you can do is send it back.

Thanks for the reply mate...the phone sends random character SMS's to random numbers in Middle East almost anywhere(be it pocket or lying on surface or in hand) till the prepaid balance on the phone is almost NIL.. Also the phone is completely Brand NEW under Apple Warranty and its Factory Unlocked phone.... I doubt if its dropped under water... Now i'm waiting for new software version to be launched on 8th September and try installing it and if still the problem persists then no other option but to get it replaced from Apple Singapore...Any other solution or has anyone incurred this problem or has apple itself has detected it coz i'm not finding any solution when i google it ????