What's new

problem with iCloud login

Eddie Cullen

Reaction score
I have changed my iCloud ID to my new email address. This works fine when logging in on my PC, but my iphone login screen still shows my old ID. How do I change this please. I've tried Googling this a few times and cannot find anything.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

I'm not logged in to iCloud 'cos I can't log inbecause the id shown is my old one which icloud will no longer recognise. THere must be somewhere in my iphone settings where it can be changed, but I cannot find it. I've tried going in to the iCloud setting which it won't let me do without logging in!

There is an iCloud line in your Settings app. After you tap on it to go to the next screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom. You should see a line titled "Sign Out." Is that where you tried to sign out?

Marilyn

Enter the password of the old iCloud ID to access iCloud in Settings. Then scroll down, sign out and sign in again with the new ID.

If this doesn't work, go to this website:
Apple - My Apple ID
Select "Manage Apple ID" and sign in with your new iCloud ID. In "Name, ID and Email Addresses" go to "Apple ID and Primary Email Address". Tap "Edit" there. Change the new ID to the old one, but don't sign out again on the site, and don't verify the email address.

Now go back to Settings - iCloud on your iPhone, and try signing out again.

After successfully signing out, go back to "Manage Apple ID", change back to your new iCloud ID (same way as before), verify it if necessary and sign out of the site. Then go to Settings - iCloud once more and sign in with the new ID and password.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: