What's new

Problem with cydia!!!

try it again, and if says failed to fetch data, you need to navigate to where the cydia sources are through ifile and just delete the line

I have had this happen before and just waiting a couple of hours or a day or so fixes it. It's doing it right now, so, the repo is probably down for maintenance or something.

sakumaxp - what line are you talking about?

Last edited:
I was having this problem yesterday. I thought it was just me. My phone messed up and I had loads of problems getting it out of recovery mode. When I eventually managed to get it working again I jailbroke with greenpoison but cydia only had one source. Was getting wrong language code errors. I tried restoring to 4.1 and jailbreaking several times but didn't get anywhere. I gave up in the end and currently not jailbroken. Will wait for an untethered 4.2 jailbreak before updating from 4.1 and trying again I think...

You might have just encountered maintainence time like previously posted. If not cleared up. The ifile method or ssh will need to be taken.

You might have just encountered maintainence time like previously posted. If not cleared up. The ifile method or ssh will need to be taken.

Just what is this ifile or SHSH method??????

It sounds like your saying to delete the repo url. That's one of the primary repo's. You could do that in Cydia a lot easier, under manage.

I think he means the cache. I had to delete it to get cydia to even show up on my phone after greenpoison. Go to /var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete ‘com.apple.mobile.installation.plist’ file then reboot...

No need for drastic measures, it's back up and running. Just updated everything just fine. Thanks anyway. :)

Thank you for all your suggestions but time was the solution!!!!

It's working great now.

I think he means the cache. I had to delete it to get cydia to even show up on my phone after greenpoison. Go to /var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete ‘com.apple.mobile.installation.plist’ file then reboot...

Bingo ! Sorry for not being more clear. Glad things worked out op ! 