What's new

Cydia Errors: How to clear them?

Tippin

Reaction score
When i launch or Refresh my Cydia app.. I get 2 database errors.

1. Encountered a section with no package header

2. You May want to run apt get update to correct these problems..

Does anyone know the fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, haven't seen that issue in a long time. Connect to your device via SSH and navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/lists/

Delete everything in that folder EXCEPT for the "partial" folder, do not delete partial but delete everything else, then respring and open Cydia again.

Wow, haven't seen that issue in a long time. Connect to your device via SSH and navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/lists/

Delete everything in that folder EXCEPT for the "partial" folder, do not delete partial but delete everything else, then respring and open Cydia again.

Hey. I have the same problem. I already done what you said but i still doesn't fix a thing.
Please help ASAP.

Hey. I have the same problem. I already done what you said but i still doesn't fix a thing.
Please help ASAP.
I found and used a program for Macbook called iTools. With this you can go right inside my 4s iphone - and navigated to /private/var/lib/apt/lists/

I delete everything in that folder EXCEPT for the "partial" folder, do not delete partial but delete everything else - worked great - don't need terminal program to do. Can do it just like a finder window in this program iTools.