What's new

Problem synchronizing with iTunes

misi

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought an iPhone 3G S with os 4.1, jailbreaked and SIM-LOCK removed by software.

Everything is ok besides I cannot synchronize with iTunes. It sees the iPhone but cannot write files (error -50). I cannot upload any mp3s or photos. I've only managed to synchronize my contacts with iTunes.

What should I do? Recovery with iTunes? I'll lose jailbreak then? And SIM-LOCK will return?

Below are pictures of errors that I get:

iphoneerror2.jpg

iphoneerror1.jpg

The only thing i can think of is because you havent updated it to os 4.2.1. I know its probably annoying and maybe there is another way but you should restore your phone then update it to the current software and then do your jail break again and see what happens

You will be able to jailbreak 4.2.1 no problem when you update via itunes. You will need to preserve your baseband first with tiny umbrella or snowbreeze, or if you have a mac you can use pwnage tool.

Then you can unlock again with ultrasnow...

Thx a lot for help but I solved it in different way: first I've checked if the problem also occurs at ma laptop - everything went fine. So the problem was with my PC.
The problem is that if you're plugging the USB wire you should stick it to the rear USB (not front). Now everything works great:) The front USB's are only for devices like bluetooth or Pen Drive's. Wires should be plugged into the rear ports:)

Similar things sometimes happen with pocket 2,5" HDD when you've got too long wire and connect it to the front ports, the disk starts up but OS doesn't see it. Solution is the same - use good quality wire and plug it into rear port:]

Hope this will help someone in the future. Just make sure you're using original not too long wire:]

Thats very interesting and i would have never have thought about that. Well, glad you figured it all out and it all works good!