What's new

Problem of having the same mail account on two devices.

davedrizen

Reaction score
I am having a problem putting the same mail account on separate devices, my iPod touch and my iPad. I would thought there is away to do this but I can not work it out.
Having my iCloud account on both is no problem and works o.k and I am able to get my mail on both, however though I had my btinternet account on my iPod touch and this worked fine, however if I put this account on iPad I can then get my mail on iPad, however if try and get mail on iPod I then get the message is that this account is being used by another devise. This happen even if I have close the mail app on my iPad. The only way I can receive mail from my btinternet account on my iPod touch is to delete the account from from iPad.
Has any one managed to put the the same email on two account ( apart from iCloud ) and receive mail on both if so what am I doing wrong .

I have the same email accounts on both my iPhone 4s and my iPad with no problem. One account is an exchange account (my own personal domain with Office 365) and the other is Yahoo. No problem at all. And I have both of them open at the same time. Never log out of either account on either device. It might be something unique to your mail provider to not allow the account to be open on more than one device at a time.