What's new

Pre-paid option(s) for iPhone 7?

ralphdeadmoon

Reaction score
Hi, folks.

A friend has offered to give me an iPhone 7 (unlocked). It belonged to her grandfather. I don't otherwise own a cellphone. I never have and, as such, I don't have much experience when it comes to choosing plans/carriers.

What kind of SIM card should I purchase if all I want the iPhone 7 for is occasional calls/text messages? I'm basically looking for a pre-paid plan. If possible, I don't want to pay a monthly fee. It's possible I may rarely, if ever, use the phone. Is this even an option? I understand iPhone 7's take a nano SIM card. I'm not particularly concerned about data/email/web surfing. Again, basically wondering if there's a way to treat an iPhone like a TracPhone.

Thanks for your time!

I suggest you research the different cellular carriers in your area. Start online and, if necessary, call on Monday. There should be information about the differences between bringing your own device, low usage, etc.

The carrier provides the SIM card. Don't buy anything until you select a carrier. And make sure you aren't getting a phone that doesn't work!

A good option for a low cost phone carrier would be total wireless. they use verizon towers so it may take a process to get the questioned phone on to that network. the plan I am on is $35 a month 6gb data and unlimited talk and text. you would have to buy a card and put a code in your phone each month unless you buy several cards at once.