What's new

Possibly water damaged iphone 11 pro max

funkiimonke

Reaction score
Today I was using my phone as usual i was in a rush and decided to just pour water on my phone as it was dirty. I have a iphone 11 pro max so i assumed there wouldn't be any issue, The whole encounter was only a few seconds until I was met with a shocking discovery. At first it was fine the speakers were kinda low, so i just played one of those water removal apps and it was fine after. This is where things went terrible though the phone began to move on its own, I was worried so I quickly dried it off took out the sim card then put it in rice (i know this wasn't a great idea but I didn't know at the time.) I left it for about 2 hours but got worried and turned my phone on it flickered a green light and had insane glitching on it then it shut off after a few seconds. I really dont know what do anymore i left it in my garage with a fan blowing on it possibly gonna take it to the repair shop tommorrow. If you guys have any clue if i can save this phone it would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately, it seems that the water got inside the iPhone and caused damage to the motherboard and other components. It is unlikely that the iphone can be restored to working condition.

Despite advertising the water resistance of its newer iPhones, Apple offers no warranty protection against water damage.

If you have AppleCare+ you could submit an accidental damage claim and get a replacement for a fee of $129.00. This is for Canada and the fee can vary in other countries.

Unfortunately, it seems that the water got inside the iPhone and caused damage to the motherboard and other components. It is unlikely that the iphone can be restored to working condition.

Despite advertising the water resistance of its newer iPhones, Apple offers no warranty protection against water damage.

If you have AppleCare+ you could submit an accidental damage claim and get a replacement for a fee of $129.00. This is for Canada and the fee can vary in other countries.
Unfortunate to hear, thank you though for letting me know.