What's new

Poor reception, no service

JoeyD74

Reaction score
My IPhone 6 has been horrible with cell reception, the lastest update did nothing, restoring setting has done nothing. It drops more calls than it doesn't it seems. I tried talking with Verizon and they can't help they think it's the phone. Has anyone else on here having the same issues and did you resolve it?
I have a genius appointment but they are swamped, it's not till Tuesday afternoon.

Have you tried talking with Apple on the phone? I find them 100% better than the Genius bar, With your IPhone 6 you have 90 days free phone support, Give that a go first.

I don't have any reception issues here in Houston on the AT&T network.

Last edited:
So I went online to the Apple tech support, gave them access to the phone and they had me do an restore through the computer. They said it will fix the issues I was having.
I did a restore before I called them but for some reason it did it from an old restore so I lost some stuff, mainly text messages I wanted to keep. But if it fixes the phone I'm happy with it. I will update tomorrow on if it works.

Today no dropped calls, no no service icon, or any call related issue.
I am now getting the occasional white screen with the apple for a few seconds maybe 5 or 6 times today but it was quick to go away. Not sure why, that's a new issue.

which version of iOS are you now running? sounds like a major bug, even if you only see the white screen for a few seconds, its few seconds too many.

I have the latest update, and yes the white screen anytime is to often.
Phone service is still back to normal, most important. I am going to call apple again and see what they say.

I have the latest update, and yes the white screen anytime is to often.
Phone service is still back to normal, most important. I am going to call apple again and see what they say.
That very well could be a hardware issue. I've been around, and haven't heard of that problem. So I doubt it's an iOS 8 issue. Get Apple to replace the phone. You have AppleCare for a year that should cover a manufacturing defect.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Could be hardware, I have a few friends who had to have the iPhone exchanged early on for bad reception,all is good with the replacement.

I know on t-mobile, the iPhone s reception is literally subpar. Who cares though,need my iMsg lol.

is it better to go to the Apple Store to see if they will replace it or just call them and do it through the mail?

If it was me I would go to the Apple store, That way you shouldn't be without a phone, They will replace it there and then if its a hardware problem.

Had the appointment at Apple, they confirmed all the crashes and wanted to try a factory reset, just like the apple tech did over the phone to see if that solves the crashing.
It's still doing the white screen crash so back to the store Tuesday to do it again. Good news is reception is still great, battery life is great.

new phone, no issues. I hope this fixes everything.