What's new

Poor battery life

Scoobydoofan

Reaction score
My iPhone 5 on ios 7 is really poor. I restored the phones as new not from a backup. It's draining about 1% every 90 seconds. I have most of the features turned of except Bluetooth when using a Bluetooth device and location services just for maps and Siri. I went to the apple store and they checked the battery and said it was fine. They recommended doing the restore as a new phone and it was a complete waste of time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I got the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

There are many threads on shortened battery life. I read them and here's what works for me:
Reduce brightness to the lowest level u can tolerate.
Increased contrast. Reduce motion- on.
The biggest diff of all was turning off Background App Refresh.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My iPhone 5 on ios 7 is really poor. I restored the phones as new not from a backup. It's draining about 1% every 90 seconds. I have most of the features turned of except Bluetooth when using a Bluetooth device and location services just for maps and Siri. I went to the apple store and they checked the battery and said it was fine. They recommended doing the restore as a new phone and it was a complete waste of time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Try switching off 4G/LTE - if the signal is not that good it will keep on trying to connect to 4G/LTE and it can drain battery like mad and the 3G is fast enough for normal use..... my wife's 5 is running at about 10% per hour.... and also check screen brightness....in a dark room, set slider to about 20% from the left with auto brightness then on....and then the post by Murphy 47....

Last edited: