What's new

iPhone 5 overheating and sucking battery life

RonzoDad

Reaction score
I've been having this intermittent problem with my phone using battery life at an alarming rate. When this happens, the phone also gets very warm. This problem will last a day and then not reoccur for another 5-7 days. I have tried everything the Apple rep said to try but it still keeps acting weird. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Hard to diagnose a problem like that. Have you"closed" all your running apps (double click on Home button) and did that help any? Is you data usage unexpectedly high, and is your Bluetooth connected to several devices unnecessarily? Lots of possibilities. Get back....

I didn't know about the double clicking the home button thing. I'll try I the next time it happens.

You should do it often battery problems or not if you don't clear them they will still suck away battery life. My friends ipod froze because he had never closed them and had about 30 apps running in the backround.

RonzoDad said:
I've been having this intermittent problem with my phone using battery life at an alarming rate. When this happens, the phone also gets very warm. This problem will last a day and then not reoccur for another 5-7 days. I have tried everything the Apple rep said to try but it still keeps acting weird. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

It's possible you may have an intermittent short in your battery, this could explain the overheating and accelerated battery drain. I would have it checked out at an Apple store. A defective battery is certainly covered under warranty.
Apple has test equipment that would detect problems like unusual battery drain and shorts. You may want to go when the problem manifests itself.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried closing all the apps via the home button trick and it did not help. I guess I get to fight all the 'day after Christmas' madness and take it into the Apple store on Wednesday.

me too,I didn't know about the double clicking the home button thing. I'll try I the next time it happens.thanks
2.gif

I ended up having to get my phone replaced. Now I have no problems at all.

My 4s heated up once and battery drained like mad! When I analised, I realise it was me at the drs waiting room accessing the net...the signal was not that good and there was no 3G.... It never happened again as I was not in that type of circumstances before and after. I think it was bad signal, not 3G and accessing net. Maybe the phone was too hard busy "pleasing" me......lol.