What's new

.png/.artwork editing

Alude904

Reaction score
Alright everyone, i thought it was time to create a topic specifically about the editing of the iphone's png files for people who are interested in everything from creating themes to just wanting to oust an image. Im not saying i know everything but ive been messing with themes and system files on the iphone ever since the 3g and ive noticed that there are a few others that seem to have pretty good knowledge of it too. I know there are a couple of places like the hackstore that cover some of this stuff but i have yet to find a place that goes into detail on every png/artwork file, its location, size, and what its for. Feel free to ask questions or create lists of your own png files, their locations, and what they do.

I'll bite on this. I'm trying to make up my own icons right now. I was able to change pretty much all of the factory Apple apps, but I can't seem to change the icons for the apps that I installed, like iBooks, or Atomic browser in Winterboard. I'm assuming I don't have the folders labeled correctly. Here is the files I have for iBooks:

MyTheme/Bundles/com.apple.iBooks/[email protected]

Yet it still shows the factory icon? Any ideas?

This is an example of the file path where i have some of my custom icons. Of course for the icon names, youll need to rename the file as what the icon name is on your springboard. So for ibooks, the file needs to be named iBooks.png

This is an example of the file path where i have some of my custom icons. Of course for the icon names, youll need to rename the file as what the icon name is on your springboard. So for ibooks, the file needs to be named iBooks.png

Heres an example of how your theme should be foldered

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 452

Heres an example of how your theme should be foldered

Ok, I did it exactly like you have in the picture, and it didn't work. I don't understand it! Lol. I can get all of the apple apps, but not installed ones.

I attached a copy of my file structure.

Attachments

• $structure.jpg
    $structure.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 460
Im still waiting for your image to load on my phone but as far as the icons go. You can put the apple and non apple icons in the same folder. Just like i said. All icon files have to be spelled just like how you see it on springboard. Case sensitive.

Okay. I see your pic now. Thats how it should be. Idk. Did you make sure to respring? When you are in winterboard looking at your list of themes, can you see/enable your custom theme? If you dont see your theme on the list after respringing, it might be because you have an ' in the word matts. Not sure.

Yeah, not sure what's going on. All the other icons are setup as folder/com.apple.mobilephone etc. They all work. Whenever I add icons in one big folder with the app as their name, they don't work.

Yeah, not sure what's going on. All the other icons are setup as folder/com.apple.mobilephone etc. They all work. Whenever I add icons in one big folder with the app as their name, they don't work.

Have you tried putting those other app icons in the folder you just described? What iphone/firmware are you running?

I am running 4.0.1 on an iPhone 4. At first I tried to put all the icons in one folder, and when that didn't work I looked at iFlat's beta 4 theme and saw how he had his folder setup. Once I copied that, all the stock icons got themed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running 4.0.1 on an iPhone 4. At first I tried to put all the icons in one folder, and when that didn't work I looked at iFlat's beta 4 theme and saw how he had his folder setup. Once I copied that, all the stock icons got themed.

Ok. This is how i have it. I have an icon for ibooks right there. I also have icons for other apps like facebook twitter etc. When i enable this theme in winterboard my icons change. Idk why its not workin for you. I also have pincrush and iconsupport installed via cydia

Attachments

38.4 KB · Views: 408
Anyone know the location to change the volume png pic you see when you press the side volume buttons?

Check out this file path. Springboard.app. If not there let me know.

Attachments

41.1 KB · Views: 412

Ok. This is how i have it. I have an icon for ibooks right there. I also have icons for other apps like facebook twitter etc. When i enable this theme in winterboard my icons change. Idk why its not workin for you. I also have pincrush and iconsupport installed via cydia

I'm an idiot. I didn't have Summerboard comparability turned on! Now it's working.

I'm an idiot. I didn't have Summerboard comparability turned on! Now it's working.

Dang i totally forgot about that option in winterboard. Least you figured it out. Maybe you can post a springboard pic to show what all this trouble was for? Haha

Ok, well using summerboard worked, but the icon looked like crap. Here is what I'm going for. Basically using ielemental pro and iflat as my base. Just making more when I have free time.

Attachments

53.6 KB · Views: 394