What's new

Custom Boot Logo for you!

subterfuge27

Reaction score
I made a (what I think is) sweet melting Apple boot logo, customized with my name and I thought I'd share it with you guys. Obviously you don't want my name on your phone, so I got the GIMP xcf file and some instructions so you can add your name or your own text to it.

You need to be jailbroken, obviously, and have Animate and Animate Fix installed (I made this for my iphone 4s so it's retina resolution).

First grab the GIMP xcf file: Download AppleBootLogo.xcf from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Open the image in GIMP. You'll see the layers are numbered according to the frames. Everything is done for you except the text. You'll need to edit the text layer to say what you want. Then show the "highlighttext" layer, which should be set on subtract, opacity 72.2 or thereabouts. Merge this down onto the text layer. Duplicate the text layer. You'll need to merge one copy of it to each of the last two frames, "16-addname" and "17-addname". Then you're going to need to export each frame as a png.

Hide all layers except the first, "orig". On Windows (and Linux, I believe) the shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+E - or just go to File, Export - but the keyboard shortcut will save you a lot of time. Anyway, make a folder for your boot logo. Name the first file whatever, I chose "melt.png" - and make sure to save all of these as png images. After it's saved, show the second frame, "0" and export this to "0.png", export 1 to "1.png" and so on, thru layer "17-addname" exported to "17.png".

Now SSH into your device, navigate to /Library/BootLogos. Make a new folder for your boot logo and copy the melt.png and all the numbered frames over. Voila! You have a custom melting apple boot logo. If you have questions just lemme know.

a few of the frames:
$0.jpg$3.jpg$8.jpg$13.jpg$16.jpg

It says file you requested is not available?

I made a (what I think is) sweet melting Apple boot logo, customized with my name and I thought I'd share it with you guys. Obviously you don't want my name on your phone, so I got the GIMP xcf file and some instructions so you can add your name or your own text to it.

You need to be jailbroken, obviously, and have Animate and Animate Fix installed (I made this for my iphone 4s so it's retina resolution).

First grab the GIMP xcf file: Download AppleBootLogo.xcf from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Open the image in GIMP. You'll see the layers are numbered according to the frames. Everything is done for you except the text. You'll need to edit the text layer to say what you want. Then show the "highlighttext" layer, which should be set on subtract, opacity 72.2 or thereabouts. Merge this down onto the text layer. Duplicate the text layer. You'll need to merge one copy of it to each of the last two frames, "16-addname" and "17-addname". Then you're going to need to export each frame as a png.

Hide all layers except the first, "orig". On Windows (and Linux, I believe) the shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+E - or just go to File, Export - but the keyboard shortcut will save you a lot of time. Anyway, make a folder for your boot logo. Name the first file whatever, I chose "melt.png" - and make sure to save all of these as png images. After it's saved, show the second frame, "0" and export this to "0.png", export 1 to "1.png" and so on, thru layer "17-addname" exported to "17.png".

Now SSH into your device, navigate to /Library/BootLogos. Make a new folder for your boot logo and copy the melt.png and all the numbered frames over. Voila! You have a custom melting apple boot logo. If you have questions just lemme know.

Wow how complicated...and wth is Gimp?

Shurple said:
Wow how complicated...and wth is Gimp?

I seem to remember reading that "The Gimp" is a graphics program for Linux. As I've never used Linux, that's the extent of my knowledge.

Here's a link to the Gimp site. There's a Windows version available.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited: