What's new

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE introduce a better battery!

Sanj

Reaction score
I have been a user of Blackberry for the last 7 years and have been very happy. I purchased an iPhone 3g over a year ago because I wasn't happy with the battery. Since the introduction of the iPhone 4 I thought I would try again with the promises of improved battery life. Well to get straight to the point I have gone back to the every faithfull Blackberry. I was about to roll the iPhone out to all my staff but am glad I tried myself before taking the leap. Phones are communication devices before they can be considered as gizmos. I fell in love with teh iPhone 4 after struggling to get used to it for the forst week but I simply cannot keep a phone that no one can contact me on. If Apple would make an iPhone which was twice the thickness but with better battery I would buy it, not only for me but for my staff too. Its a shame we're being drip fed....the technology already exists but its simply a money making strategy. If anyone has any ideas than please let feel free to post them.

I have no problems... Battery on the iphone4 lasts a day even with heavy usage. If you need more battery buy a case that doubles the battery?! I love it it's thin and fits great in my shirt pocket.

http://www.exogear.com/products-iphone-4.html

2dc651f6.jpg

come on people. of course your blackberry's battery lasts longer... it doesn't do anything. i personally think the iphone 4's battery lasts a long time considering how much i use it. i hate it when people compare the iphones battery to another phone's battery (aka non smart phones). i'm meeting you half way by admitting that compared to the blackberry, the battery really doesn't last as long but you have to meet me the rest of the way and admit that the iphone does way more and you know you used it way more too.

For sure. I LOOOOOOVE the iphone4 and its certainly preferred over the blackberry. Its just that the thing doesn't last me longer than half a day! that's the challenge. Help me!

For sure. I LOOOOOOVE the iphone4 and its certainly preferred over the blackberry. Its just that the thing doesn't last me longer than half a day! that's the challenge. Help me!

Can I ask what you do on your phone constantly all day that causes your phone to be dead in 1/2 a day? I use my phone a lot, and it still makes it the whole day. Sometimes I don't even charge it until the next morning while i'm getting ready for work.

Please define "half a day". If you start working at 5am and then quit late in the evening, say 9pm, 10pm, then "half a day" is a lot longer than many may be thinking.

sure. well i start at around 8am most mornings. ive only been using it for calls, sms and emails. typically i would make /recieve about 8-15calls and about 5-10 sms msgs. around 20 emails recieved as just txt and no attachments. batery would be done by 3pm. i love the phone but am upset that the battery doesnt last very long.

sure. well i start at around 8am most mornings. ive only been using it for calls, sms and emails. typically i would make /recieve about 8-15calls and about 5-10 sms msgs. around 20 emails recieved as just txt and no attachments. batery would be done by 3pm. i love the phone but am upset that the battery doesnt last very long.

Maybe it's your phone calls. I can see it dying sooner esp. if you have long, extended calls on average.

I do a lot of texts, emails, listen to my music, surf the net, and some calls on average a day. But my phone calls aren't long (I hate talking on the phone too long unless it's my family I haven't talked to in a while ;).

Hope it isn't a faulty batt on your phone.

Isn't the iPhone screen twice the height of the blackberry? When I had my BB Bold I was charging every 1.5 days. I hardly used the Internet because the screen is so small and didn't have any extra apps because they are more expensive and not as abundant. In my opinion the BB battery is terrible to only deliver 1.5 days of use for the little I used it and the little it had to offer me.

I think you may have misunderstood the intention behind the post. This isn't a slagging match between phones. Simply a share of challenges faced and a cry for suggestions to help move forward.
Thanks

I think you may have misunderstood the intention behind the post. This isn't a slagging match between phones. Simply a share of challenges faced and a cry for suggestions to help move forward.
Thanks

Check out the link below on how to extend your batt from the Apple site. I've noticed improved performance after doing some of the things it says. Hope it helps you out.

Apple - Batteries - iPhone

I would take it back to Apple and complain. They should be able to replace it for you. This is not the typical battery life that I have heard associated with the iPhone 4.

im guessing also your heavily using the phone all day? that really does drain the battery quickly. i was having go to charge it like 3 times a day with everything on and heavy usage